Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping ins with L.Percival tools of trade??

Shipping ins with L.Percival tools of trade??

Old Sep 20th 2008, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

iainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura about
Default Shipping ins with L.Percival tools of trade??

Just got our confirmation through the post from letton Percival and it states they will only insure tools of trade for £1,000.

Attached another sheet with the one they sent with an inventory costs including my OH tools (Carpentry) Put down a seperate amount of £3,000 and sent my cheque off for the percentage of the whole amount. Anyone else in same situ, what do you do about insuring for more?
Old Sep 21st 2008, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of
Default Re: Shipping ins with L.Percival tools of trade??

Originally Posted by iainandsam
Just got our confirmation through the post from letton Percival and it states they will only insure tools of trade for £1,000.

Attached another sheet with the one they sent with an inventory costs including my OH tools (Carpentry) Put down a seperate amount of £3,000 and sent my cheque off for the percentage of the whole amount. Anyone else in same situ, what do you do about insuring for more?
Still waiting for our confirmation to come through, but OH put down £2k for his tools so will be interested to see what comes back now.Same as you, carpentry tools and we've sent cheque off for percentage of whole amount, even took the most boring set off pictures ever of tool boxes!! Not sure what to do if they won't insure whole amount, guy never said anything about any max. cover when i rang him and i asked quite a bit about OHs tools.I'm sure i mentioned the amount to him.Will let you know as soon as I hear, in fact I'll email mon. to see how things are going.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

coops432 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Babsw
Still waiting for our confirmation to come through, but OH put down £2k for his tools so will be interested to see what comes back now.Same as you, carpentry tools and we've sent cheque off for percentage of whole amount, even took the most boring set off pictures ever of tool boxes!! Not sure what to do if they won't insure whole amount, guy never said anything about any max. cover when i rang him and i asked quite a bit about OHs tools.I'm sure i mentioned the amount to him.Will let you know as soon as I hear, in fact I'll email mon. to see how things are going.
uh oh my tools and box are valued at around £7k and still have loads more stuff to buy..

Not looking forward to quote when it's my time

Coops
Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

iainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Babsw
Any news on insurance for tools Babs? I haven't called them yet must do that asap.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by iainandsam
Any news on insurance for tools Babs? I haven't called them yet must do that asap.
just got the confirmation through now, they've insured Mike's tools for the full amount-£2000 so can't understand what's happened with yours?
Mike did say that they said they wouldn't insure the tools on a like for like replacement value so for eg. if you have a plane thats ten years old you get the cost of a plane thats ten years old and not what it would cost you to buy one now.
Mike did say his tools would cost more than £2k to replace fully but he was valuing them on this basis.Sorry,didn't realise this at the time as I was just reeling figures off to Letton.Hope this helps!