Reload this Page >

shipping house/toys to oz

Wikiposts

shipping house/toys to oz

Old Jan 5th 2005, 10:10 pm
heehaugh

Granger will become famous soon enoughGranger will become famous soon enough
Default Re: shipping house/toys to oz

The more quotes I get the more I think about leaving things. For those people who have not thought about it much yet, it really is hard to say I'll take this and leave that. I mean, my house is jam packed, what do I possibly not need or not use (probably everything). Then birthdays and christmas happens (inconvenient when you are trying to cut down ). Each week it changes what I take. I thought I would take the outside table as it was expensive , glass table and really nice. But once I started looking at the alfresco areas I though I will probably need a bigger table and more chairs for all my visitors. Arrgh, it just gets more confusing.
Old Jan 5th 2005, 10:48 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Granger
The more quotes I get the more I think about leaving things. For those people who have not thought about it much yet, it really is hard to say I'll take this and leave that. I mean, my house is jam packed, what do I possibly not need or not use (probably everything). Then birthdays and christmas happens (inconvenient when you are trying to cut down ). Each week it changes what I take. I thought I would take the outside table as it was expensive , glass table and really nice. But once I started looking at the alfresco areas I though I will probably need a bigger table and more chairs for all my visitors. Arrgh, it just gets more confusing.

yea i know what you mean, i have boxed aload of stuff, mostly xmas pressies what people have bought me over the years and i have never used, and people still bouth this year,just to add to the waste of money. I feell so guilty thowing them to the car boot and charity shops, but i dont need them,they are just clutter.

The things i cant sell are my 2 seater sofa, its gorgeous, only 2 years old and cost me a grand, im trying to sell it for £250 and no-one wants to pay it,now i am moving out at weekend and need somewhere to put it, i thought about taking it with us, but it will take 11 weeks at least to arrive and will be too small for the house i plan to have in Melbourne......What can you do??? It annoys me cos people all said "oooh ill have the sofa, but when you mention buying it, they dont want to pay", if i dont get rid of it soon, ill propley end up having to give it away, im gutted, its in immaculate condition too.

In hindsight i wish i had of got the container and taken everything, as it would of been less hassle than selling stuff, but as we didnt have time, we are only flying 7 boxes of stuff out, icluding our computer and hoover......

Does anyone know anout toasters, as we have a brill toaster that cost £50, its dead posh, people wanna buy it for a £5, i would rather take it,but wasnt sure about customs, (you know with the bread crubs), as difficult to clean????

laura
xx
Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:34 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
yea i know what you mean, i have boxed aload of stuff, mostly xmas pressies what people have bought me over the years and i have never used, and people still bouth this year,just to add to the waste of money. I feell so guilty thowing them to the car boot and charity shops, but i dont need them,they are just clutter.

The things i cant sell are my 2 seater sofa, its gorgeous, only 2 years old and cost me a grand, im trying to sell it for £250 and no-one wants to pay it,now i am moving out at weekend and need somewhere to put it, i thought about taking it with us, but it will take 11 weeks at least to arrive and will be too small for the house i plan to have in Melbourne......What can you do??? It annoys me cos people all said "oooh ill have the sofa, but when you mention buying it, they dont want to pay", if i dont get rid of it soon, ill propley end up having to give it away, im gutted, its in immaculate condition too.

In hindsight i wish i had of got the container and taken everything, as it would of been less hassle than selling stuff, but as we didnt have time, we are only flying 7 boxes of stuff out, icluding our computer and hoover......

Does anyone know anout toasters, as we have a brill toaster that cost £50, its dead posh, people wanna buy it for a £5, i would rather take it,but wasnt sure about customs, (you know with the bread crubs), as difficult to clean????

laura
xx
Laura
We took our beloved toaster but had to buy a new one over here whilst waiting for the container to arrive!
We bought a much smarter one over here quite cheaply!
(same for the kettle but our old one was better!)
Most newish toasters have removable bottoms and are easy to clean.
Customs didnt find ours as it was packed in a large box with other kitchen goods. I think they have bigger fish to fry.....

Andrew
Old Jan 6th 2005, 12:27 am
Just Joined

richieb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I'm new to this. Me and the missus are moving to Oz in March but are going to ship our stuff at the end of Jan. We still haven't chosen a company yet but by far the cheapest we've got for our mere 70 cu ft of stuff is from Mini Moves (Excess International Movers). Does anyone know if they are a good one to go with?
Thanks!
Old Jan 6th 2005, 1:16 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrew63
Laura
We took our beloved toaster but had to buy a new one over here whilst waiting for the container to arrive!
We bought a much smarter one over here quite cheaply!
(same for the kettle but our old one was better!)
Most newish toasters have removable bottoms and are easy to clean.
Customs didnt find ours as it was packed in a large box with other kitchen goods. I think they have bigger fish to fry.....

Andrew
Cheers Andrew
yes it has removable bottoms,think ill go and clean it now, and stick it at the bottom of the kitchen box then,its too posh to sell for a fiver LOL! I am not bothering with the kettle, its naf so i have sold it to my cousin for £1, LOL, i feel so tight, but without selling the main stuff, every single £ counts!!!!

Sorry i dont know ofany companys,think PSS were the best when i rang around, but my mother in law (to be)is arranging and paying for our 7 boxes to be flowen by air, think excess baggage give me a qoute of around £800for the same, but i not sure who she is using asshe isin the airline industry andthink she has contacts who can do it cheeper for us.....goodluck

laura
xx