Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

shipping and furniture

shipping and furniture

Old Sep 25th 2007, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

emilywagstaff is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile shipping and furniture

hi there just wondering what peoples takes on taking furniture or leaving it how expensive is it . i have read bedding and linen can be very expensive so will stock up and take what we have got with us. am thinking will take mine and girls bedroom furnitures wardrobes beds and things as they are all new. but what about electrical things tele's microwaves my hubby also has an x box 360 is it worth taking it and getting an adapter so it works out there. thankyou for any advice in advance em xxx also does anyone have a rough idea of how much it is to ship to oz x
Old Sep 25th 2007, 5:07 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: shipping and furniture

Originally Posted by emilywagstaff
hi there just wondering what peoples takes on taking furniture or leaving it how expensive is it . i have read bedding and linen can be very expensive so will stock up and take what we have got with us. am thinking will take mine and girls bedroom furnitures wardrobes beds and things as they are all new. but what about electrical things tele's microwaves my hubby also has an x box 360 is it worth taking it and getting an adapter so it works out there. thankyou for any advice in advance em xxx also does anyone have a rough idea of how much it is to ship to oz x
most advise say, Take everything! Wardrobes are pretty much useless as most homes have in builts. As for the electrical stuff, dont change the plugs, get some extention leads and change the plug on that. A lot less hassle!

Search at the top of this page for shipping/shippers and everyone has had something to say on the subject. Click on search and type in subject and happy reading, be warned there is lots of it. Worth looking at it all though.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

There is a good discussion going on at the moment here
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=483141
Old Sep 26th 2007, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
If you are using a 20ft container, fill it up, doesn't really cost much more and worth it, it is the excess stuff not shipped in a container that costs a lot, or you have just too much then prioritise and leave the crappiest stuff.

Cheers

Chris
Old Sep 26th 2007, 7:23 am
Just Joined

Monty023 is a name known to allMonty023 is a name known to allMonty023 is a name known to allMonty023 is a name known to allMonty023 is a name known to allMonty023 is a name known to allMonty023 is a name known to allMonty023 is a name known to allMonty023 is a name known to allMonty023 is a name known to allMonty023 is a name known to all

Fill the container up!!! But don't expect to get your TV picking up Aussie programms cos it won't unless you have had it modified. We brought a telly that is stand alone, purely for our heaps of videos and DVD's that we brought over. Good luck!
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Monty023
Fill the container up!!! But don't expect to get your TV picking up Aussie programms cos it won't unless you have had it modified. We brought a telly that is stand alone, purely for our heaps of videos and DVD's that we brought over. Good luck!
we bought a $50 digi box for our uk tv and we pick up all the au stations in our area