Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

shipping furniture

shipping furniture

Old Oct 19th 2006, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

Mike B has a spectacular aura aboutMike B has a spectacular aura aboutMike B has a spectacular aura about
Default shipping furniture

Hi All,

Does anybody know what the potential problems are with shipping our entire household stuff to Aus, I have heard that you have to be careful with garden equipment etc.

Mainly I am asking as I have some nice pine furniture that I want to take, is there a problem with shipping wood.

Lastly, I wish to ship my tools including a generator, does this cause a problem.

Cheers

Mike B

Last edited by Sue; Oct 19th 2006 at 12:41 pm. Reason: Thread disconnected from usenet and moved to the lifestyle forum
Old Oct 19th 2006, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

mish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: shipping furniture

Originally Posted by Mike B
Hi All,

Does anybody know what the potential problems are with shipping our entire household stuff to Aus, I have heard that you have to be careful with garden equipment etc.

Mainly I am asking as I have some nice pine furniture that I want to take, is there a problem with shipping wood.

Lastly, I wish to ship my tools including a generator, does this cause a problem.

Cheers

Mike B
Hi Mike...

We sent all of our things over in August (still waiting for it to arrive) and we had no problem sending over the pine furniture. Apparently as long as the wood is sealed/treated it should be ok - but there are loads of guys on here who know more about this than me, i'm sure they'll let you know.

In the way of tools/ generator... my hubby cleaned all tools before they were packed, apparenlty as long as it's cleaned properly (Jays Fluid)and free from dirt and grime - should be ok!

All the best for the move!!
Mish x
Old Oct 19th 2006, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

Mike B has a spectacular aura aboutMike B has a spectacular aura aboutMike B has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: shipping furniture

Does anybody know if a generator has to have the oil drained out of it when it is shipped?

Cheers

Mike