Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

shipping/freight from dublin

shipping/freight from dublin

Old Nov 20th 2007, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

tony01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up shipping/freight from dublin

How do! just wondering if anyone out there has any names of reliable freight company's in Dublin, we got our visa last week, and are looking at moving to the gold coast in feb/march. done the yellow pages thing but wouldn't mind a shortcut or two, this is my 1st post so hopefully I'm on the right thread. cheers
Old Nov 20th 2007, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: shipping/freight from dublin

Do a search on this site, I'm sure there was a thread about shipping stuff from Ireland fairly recently
Old Nov 20th 2007, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

sandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tony01
How do! just wondering if anyone out there has any names of reliable freight company's in Dublin, we got our visa last week, and are looking at moving to the gold coast in feb/march. done the yellow pages thing but wouldn't mind a shortcut or two, this is my 1st post so hopefully I'm on the right thread. cheers
Hi Tony
We have rang Careline, Crown and Allied Pickfords. Crown were the dearest and Careline I didnt think were very professional compared to the other 2. So I think we will be going with Allied Pickfords. Hope this is of some help to you.

Sandra
Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

storms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant future

Hi Tony

Just used Careline, Dublin to Perth.

They were very good, and the company at this end were very good aswell, kept us updated on the shipment and storage, also got good service at this end for unpacking.

Hope this helps

Storms.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

Got a quote last week from careline in dublin for full 20ft container not to exceed 8000 cb.ft for 5,350 plus 3.5% insurance. Seemed professional and very helpful, lots have used them on here.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...earchid=419859

I will give allied a call now that you mention it sandra, never heard of them was just going on all the recommendations on here for careline.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 8:46 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

I have delivered jobs from Mc Gimpsey& OMAN , both from DUBLIN very profesional , using new materials and well packed.........cheers mm
Old Nov 21st 2007, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

sandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to all

The main reason I am going with Allied Pickfords is because they dont use an agent in Australia. They are the same company delivering door to door.

Sandra
Old Nov 21st 2007, 10:38 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sandav
The main reason I am going with Allied Pickfords is because they dont use an agent in Australia. They are the same company delivering door to door.

Sandra
Yes you would like to think that.........mm
Old Nov 21st 2007, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tony01

Have a look at this post.

Trish
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold

Hi There,
We used a Company called Beverly Smyth. They were wonderful. They came into my home on the Wed started to pack everything for me. Finished by the Fri morn and loaded container Fri afternoon. Down to port Fri evening and shipped on the Sat. We flew out Sat afternoon to Perth. six weeks later our forty foot container arrived in Perth safely.In quarantine for one week then was delivered to our new home. The agent they use here in perth informed us the day the container arrived in Port and arranged for the delivery date to our house. They kept in touch with us every second day to inform us how it was going in quarantine.They then arrived on the day they were meant to and unpacked for us this end. Well worth the money. The other Company you can try is Nat Ross. Also very good. By the way my Husband works in freight and used to ship peoples belongings all over the World and these are the two Companies he would use ( trust).
I wish you and your Family the very Best of Luck for your New Future. It truly is a land of dreams, if you make a go of it.Embrace the differences and be Thankful for the similarities.

Wendy
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by soulrebel
Got a quote last week from careline in dublin for full 20ft container not to exceed 8000 cb.ft for 5,350 plus 3.5% insurance. Seemed professional and very helpful, lots have used them on here.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...earchid=419859

I will give allied a call now that you mention it sandra, never heard of them was just going on all the recommendations on here for careline.
Should have been 1000 cb.ft
Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:45 pm
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of

Mr mover i used mcgimpsey and they use a company called keys over here my container came into perth on the 8th nov and we still have not got it they haven`t booked it through quarantine yet we have a patio table and chairs and beds and a tv so to be honest i did`not like mcgimpsey`s very unprofessional
Old Nov 28th 2007, 4:01 am
Banned

Originally Posted by irishfamily
Mr mover i used mcgimpsey and they use a company called keys over here my container came into perth on the 8th nov and we still have not got it they haven`t booked it through quarantine yet we have a patio table and chairs and beds and a tv so to be honest i did`not like mcgimpsey`s very unprofessional
That would be Keys Bros fault not Mc gimpsey, they have control over the bookings...............mm
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:29 am
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of

Just got a phone call today my container of stuff is arriving on Thursday thank god a comfy seat and my own bed lmao

Last edited by irishfamily; Dec 4th 2007 at 11:30 am. Reason: miss spelt word