Shipping Fiasco

Old Aug 26th 2004, 1:41 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping Fiasco

Only me!

Having a right load of stress here!

We told the shipping company that we would not be arriving until after our container but they are saying they have never encountered this before and we didn't tell them!

If anyone in the west country wants to know who not to use please pm me.

They have used anglo pacific to ship the container and Movements International are the agents handling it in Perth.

Now our relatives in Perth have had a letter from MIM saying we have to pay all sorts of things we had no idea about and fill out forms that we don't even have.

It mentions a quarantine inspection fee of $620 that we knew nothing about.

We are going to be storing the conatiner till we get a house and that is going to cost a handling fee of $498 plus a weekly fee of $125 - we had obviously expected that! but it talks about bond storage of $71 per day - no idea what that means - at a guess I am assuming it's if you store it without it being inspected or something. To cap it all they want a cheque up front! How the hell I can do that when all our money is in Aus and no cheque book I have no idea.

Sorry just wanted a rant - you pay $5k and you still have stress and hassle and crap service - it winds me up

If anyone can expalin all this to me a little better I would appreciate it.

Maxine
Old Aug 26th 2004, 1:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Fiasco

Originally Posted by maxpaxx
Only me!

Having a right load of stress here!

We told the shipping company that we would not be arriving until after our container but they are saying they have never encountered this before and we didn't tell them!

If anyone in the west country wants to know who not to use please pm me.

They have used anglo pacific to ship the container and Movements International are the agents handling it in Perth.

Now our relatives in Perth have had a letter from MIM saying we have to pay all sorts of things we had no idea about and fill out forms that we don't even have.

It mentions a quarantine inspection fee of $620 that we knew nothing about.

We are going to be storing the conatiner till we get a house and that is going to cost a handling fee of $498 plus a weekly fee of $125 - we had obviously expected that! but it talks about bond storage of $71 per day - no idea what that means - at a guess I am assuming it's if you store it without it being inspected or something. To cap it all they want a cheque up front! How the hell I can do that when all our money is in Aus and no cheque book I have no idea.

Sorry just wanted a rant - you pay $5k and you still have stress and hassle and crap service - it winds me up

If anyone can expalin all this to me a little better I would appreciate it.

Maxine
You have my sympathy Maxine, especially with ***** ******** involved. Do what I did - name and shame the company that stuffed up. Not by selective pm but on an open forum. Makes you feel better and hits them where it hurts. Also a lot of shippers now browse this site.......
The Quarantine fee is an unknown quantity until the container is looked at by AQIS. there will be a fee, but the size is determined by what AQIS think of the contents of the container.
I think Bond storage is something to do with Customs? It may be that the container is stored unopened and uninspected, in which case they can't charge you for AQIS yet!
I know it'll cost, but try phoning the agents in perth and talk to them directly. I got far more sense out of OSS in Brisbane than out of anyone in the UK, and once they realised I was being messed about they were very helpful