Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping and Export to Australia

Shipping and Export to Australia

Old Jul 2nd 2011, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

mobypippa is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Shipping and Export to Australia

Can anyone provide me with any information on how to ship motorcycles over to Australia (Melbourne). My husband has two Vespa's which are our pride and joy! We would love to take them with us, but I'm not sure about the practicality and price of shipping them, as oposed to selling in the UK and buying new bikes in Oz?

Any ideas or advice will be greatly recieved! Thanks.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 5:16 am
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Shipping and Export to Australia

Originally Posted by mobypippa
Can anyone provide me with any information on how to ship motorcycles over to Australia (Melbourne). My husband has two Vespa's which are our pride and joy! We would love to take them with us, but I'm not sure about the practicality and price of shipping them, as oposed to selling in the UK and buying new bikes in Oz?

Any ideas or advice will be greatly recieved! Thanks.
You will need to prove that you have owned and used then over the last 12 months and then you will need to contact AQIS to obtain a import permit for them (just remember you can only bring one each as a personal import) unless they are old before 1989,you can ask your shipping agency about this.When you have them in oz it might be difficult to get them road worth but just search forums on BE

Last edited by Trevski; Jul 3rd 2011 at 5:18 am.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

mobypippa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping and Export to Australia

Originally Posted by Trevski
You will need to prove that you have owned and used then over the last 12 months and then you will need to contact AQIS to obtain a import permit for them (just remember you can only bring one each as a personal import) unless they are old before 1989,you can ask your shipping agency about this.When you have them in oz it might be difficult to get them road worth but just search forums on BE
Thanks