Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping effects from france to Australia

Shipping effects from france to Australia

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

johnandlisa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping effects from france to Australia

We have applied for a CPV for Australia and would like to hear from anyone who has already made the move from France with household furniture and effects as to how they did it and what advice they can give on the subject. We are expecting to have a container load to move.
John and Lisa
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Craig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Shipping effects from france to Australia

Originally Posted by johnandlisa
We have applied for a CPV for Australia and would like to hear from anyone who has already made the move from France with household furniture and effects as to how they did it and what advice they can give on the subject. We are expecting to have a container load to move.
John and Lisa

Hi John and Lisa

We'd be interested in any answers to your question as we're moving from Belgium direct to Perth. We're going to look into removals using a UK company to see if they'd come to Belgium first to collect and Belgian companies but would prefer the UK route for ease of translating the small print!

All the best
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

No Idea is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

We are in the Provence region and moving back to Oz in January. Luckily for me, my husbands work organises the removal company etc. I believe they are using Crown Removals. I have two cats that I must organise myself - now that is a nightmare!!

That said, I am organising a few things to be moved privately (not through my DHs work) to Perth....I have just rung up several companies, requested a quote for door to door service and gone from there.

Dont know if this is any help...............
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 9:02 am
Just Joined

fiogle is on a distinguished road

Hi guys - I am moving over to Perth from Italy -contact [email protected] for a quote - she has been fantastic with me and given me a great quote - I contacted her via a search engine online and within 30 minutes of my initialy question, she telephoned me to have a chat about what kind of move I wanted to make etc and the same day sent me a form to complete and within a week, she gave me a quotation - no other companies I contacted about moving from europe rather than the UK ever came back to me!!!! Give Raj a try, tell her Fiona from Italy has recommended her and I don't think you will be disappointed
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Craig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by fiogle
Hi guys - I am moving over to Perth from Italy -contact [email protected] for a quote - she has been fantastic with me and given me a great quote - I contacted her via a search engine online and within 30 minutes of my initialy question, she telephoned me to have a chat about what kind of move I wanted to make etc and the same day sent me a form to complete and within a week, she gave me a quotation - no other companies I contacted about moving from europe rather than the UK ever came back to me!!!! Give Raj a try, tell her Fiona from Italy has recommended her and I don't think you will be disappointed
Hi fiogle

Thanks for that, I've had a look at their website and will send a for a quote once we get back from holiday...in er, .......Italy! Hope the sun is shining down there - fed up with the rain.

Ciao for now
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

Hey Craig - been raining/storms on and off all day today, but the sun came out again around 5pm - forecast is good from here-on-in!! At least it has cooled down a little - back to about 35 degrees instead of the 45 we had a couple of weeks ago!!!! Finally, can sleep again Where abouts you heading in Italy?
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey Craig - been raining/storms on and off all day today, but the sun came out again around 5pm - forecast is good from here-on-in!! At least it has cooled down a little - back to about 35 degrees instead of the 45 we had a couple of weeks ago!!!! Finally, can sleep again Where abouts you heading in Italy?
Hi Fiogle

Down to Roma and then down to Napoli for a few days. I know, not the best place in Italy but we lived there for 3 years until 2005 so we're going back to visit old places and friends. I do miss the sun

I went to Rimini many years ago (1985 I think) All I can remember is the beach and a pub called the Rose and Crown! I've skiied every year for the past 5 on the Sella Ronda too - The Dolomites are a beautiful part of Italy!

Ciao
Old Aug 4th 2007, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Craig822
Hi John and Lisa

We'd be interested in any answers to your question as we're moving from Belgium direct to Perth. We're going to look into removals using a UK company to see if they'd come to Belgium first to collect and Belgian companies but would prefer the UK route for ease of translating the small print!

All the best
Dear Craig, We'll try to remember to keep you posted on anything useful we find out. Our timescale is fairly similar as we don.t expect to be going until second half of 2008.
John and Lisa
Old Aug 4th 2007, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

Dear Fiona. Thanks for replying so promptly to my question. I have also asked for quotes from so called international removers without having received any reply. I will definitely follow up your recommendation.
We are only just finding our feet on this site having only just submitted our visa request. John and Lisa
Old Aug 4th 2007, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by No Idea
Hello

We are in the Provence region and moving back to Oz in January. Luckily for me, my husbands work organises the removal company etc. I believe they are using Crown Removals. I have two cats that I must organise myself - now that is a nightmare!!

That said, I am organising a few things to be moved privately (not through my DHs work) to Perth....I have just rung up several companies, requested a quote for door to door service and gone from there.

Dont know if this is any help...............
Hello. and thanks for replying. Is Crown removals a British company? I have been advised that we should make sure that our container is shipped from Marseilles and not from a Channel port. Of course we are half way in between the two! The other thing I am trying to find out is approximate cost but have had no replies to my requests for 'devis' so far.
Old Aug 4th 2007, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

JR56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We are hoping to move from Brittany, France to Perth so really interested in this thread. Keep us posted on any good container quotes from France - Oz.
Debating whether it's cheaper from the UK and hiring a Super U van and taking it to the Shippers in the UK direct or having a company from France!
Old Aug 5th 2007, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

Hi all

Craig - Roma and Napoli are not that bad - you will have a lovely time wherever you are - weather is gorgeous at the minute!!!! Re: Rose and Crown - spent some time working there in July/August/September 2005 - great place!!! And you can get proper English sausages and baked beans - ahhhh heaven!!!!!

Johnandlisa - the removals company I mentioned (Removals Group) are UK based (in the Midlands), and have offices throughout the UK, but have agents working all over Europe on their behalf - we were quoted originally about £2,800.00 for shipping most of a 3 bedroomed house directly from Italy to Perth - however, I am just in the process of obtaining a new quotation as our list ot items has now gone down considerably (turns out I have sold our house in Italy fully furnished, without realising what I had done - plus hubby has decided to sell off the washing machine/tumble dryer and some other bits without letting me know!!!!!! :curse, so I don't need as much space - when the new quote comes through, I will let you know what I have been quoted for how much space!!
Old Aug 5th 2007, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JR56
Hi
We are hoping to move from Brittany, France to Perth so really interested in this thread. Keep us posted on any good container quotes from France - Oz.
Debating whether it's cheaper from the UK and hiring a Super U van and taking it to the Shippers in the UK direct or having a company from France!
Hi, If We get any good quotes or ideas we,ll post them on this site. So far mainly replies from people with the same problem. I've thought of shipping to UK but we expect to have a full container load so won't be able to do it ourselves. John and Lisa
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Guys

Just sent off for a quote from Removal Group so will keep you info'd

Regards

PS. Italy was great - lovely to be back
Old Aug 27th 2007, 9:44 pm
k76
Forum Regular

k76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nice

Originally Posted by johnandlisa
John and Lisa
We moved from Milan, Italy to Newcastle. Local removalists wanted 3000 Euro to move within Milan when we asked a year earlier. Can't remember our best quote for a full service removal to Aus, but it was insane. Best deal for us was to get Schenker to deliver a container to our doorstep, 3 hours to load it and off it went. It cost us about the same as I see people pay in UK for a full service removal, but we got some great stories to tell about our italian truckie!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.