Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping effects from france to Australia

Shipping effects from france to Australia

Old Aug 30th 2007, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Craig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Shipping effects from france to Australia

Originally Posted by Craig822
Guys

Just sent off for a quote from Removal Group so will keep you info'd

Regards

PS. Italy was great - lovely to be back
Guys

Just had a quote from the removal group for £3,400 door to door from Mons to Perth. Sounds good but a bit early for us yet at 15 months to go.

Has anyone actually used them? any reports good or bad appreciated.

Ciao for now
Old Aug 31st 2007, 11:49 am
Just Joined

fiogle is on a distinguished road

Hey Craig - not a bad quote you got there - ours is a total of £2890.00 for 12 cubic metres of space - we have paid the deposit to secure the quote and received all the paperwork we need to make the move - really simple and easy - just fill in the forms and e-mail them back to Removal Group - some bits we cannot complete because we don't have the information (shipping container numbers etc), but Removal Group have told me not to worry about it and that they will fill in all the blanks when the time comes - so far, I am pretty impressed with their service!!!
Glad you had a good time in Italy - the weather is c""p today!!! Finalising the sale on our house on Tuesday and flying back to England on Wednesday to await our visas - then off to Aus we go!!! Dreading going back to England, but can't wait to get to Aus!!!
Old Aug 31st 2007, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Craig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by fiogle
Hey Craig - not a bad quote you got there - ours is a total of £2890.00 for 12 cubic metres of space - we have paid the deposit to secure the quote and received all the paperwork we need to make the move - really simple and easy - just fill in the forms and e-mail them back to Removal Group - some bits we cannot complete because we don't have the information (shipping container numbers etc), but Removal Group have told me not to worry about it and that they will fill in all the blanks when the time comes - so far, I am pretty impressed with their service!!!
Glad you had a good time in Italy - the weather is c""p today!!! Finalising the sale on our house on Tuesday and flying back to England on Wednesday to await our visas - then off to Aus we go!!! Dreading going back to England, but can't wait to get to Aus!!!
Good luck with the move, please keep us updated on progress - good or bad

Forgot to mention - the quote was for a 20ft container. Had an e-mail back today to say they will be in touch in early summer, never too early to start planning
Old Aug 31st 2007, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all

Originally Posted by johnandlisa
We have applied for a CPV for Australia and would like to hear from anyone who has already made the move from France with household furniture and effects as to how they did it and what advice they can give on the subject. We are expecting to have a container load to move.
John and Lisa
hi john & lisa

were in the charente and planning to move to townsville qld, how far down the application route are you?

david & sharon
Old Sep 1st 2007, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

johnandlisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi David and Sharon,
Not very far down the visa route I'm afraid. We applied in July so I'm predicting about 14-18 months (we hope). We're on a CPV and going to Tasmania just to make things more complicated. We must get in touch, I think there's a way of sending private messages. I'll have to look into it.
John and Lisa
Old Sep 1st 2007, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all

Originally Posted by johnandlisa
Hi David and Sharon,
Not very far down the visa route I'm afraid. We applied in July so I'm predicting about 14-18 months (we hope). We're on a CPV and going to Tasmania just to make things more complicated. We must get in touch, I think there's a way of sending private messages. I'll have to look into it.
John and Lisa
hi john & lisa

if you click on my name next to the post it provides a drop menu with option to pm, how long have you lived in france

david and sharon