Reload this Page >

Shipping Delays !!!!!!!

Shipping Delays !!!!!!!

Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

jarv is on a distinguished road
Default Shipping Delays !!!!!!!

Hi
We shipped our stuff from the UK on August 12th and it still hasn't arrived.
I have rung the shippers (EXCESS bloody BAGGAGE) and their local agent (GRACE) have told me they are trying to get it delivered before Xmas.
Has anyone been given similar timescales as me ?
I understand that there have been problems at the docks with imports and paperwork etc but is this just a cover up.
Any help would be good

Dave
Old Nov 20th 2005, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

DJMA has a brilliant futureDJMA has a brilliant futureDJMA has a brilliant futureDJMA has a brilliant futureDJMA has a brilliant futureDJMA has a brilliant future
Default Re: Shipping Delays !!!!!!!

Dave

There have been a lot of problems with getting shipments through customs/quarantine since a new computer system was put in. Do you know where your shipment is ? If it has landed, then you should be fine for before Xmas, but if it is still somewhere on the high seas it may not get through in time. The shippers must be able to tell you where it is, and if it is still at sea, the expected arrival date for the ship.

We had 2 shipments, the first a container which arrived and is now in storage, and the 2nd going in a shared container. It was only a week ago when I called the receiving agents to find out when we could expect to receive it, that they told me they didn't know anything about our shipment. A few e-mails later we discovered it was still sitting in London, due to a 'minor' clerical error.

Good luck, hope it arrives soon.

DJMA