Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping couple boxes 5 years after moving

Shipping couple boxes 5 years after moving

Old May 31st 2015, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of
Default Shipping couple boxes 5 years after moving

I am in uk on holiday, my parents want my last lot of stuff out the house, they want to put it on the market, and of course I have some excess baggage from my trip.
Two questions, has any one shipped only a couple boxes? Who'd you use?
And if you shipped personal stuff over, include furniture, clothes and nick nacks some time after you moved did you have any trouble getting it in to australia??
Thanks
Sarah
Old May 31st 2015, 6:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping couple boxes 5 years after moving

Originally Posted by sormesher
I am in uk on holiday, my parents want my last lot of stuff out the house, they want to put it on the market, and of course I have some excess baggage from my trip.
Two questions, has any one shipped only a couple boxes? Who'd you use?
And if you shipped personal stuff over, include furniture, clothes and nick nacks some time after you moved did you have any trouble getting it in to australia??
Thanks
Sarah
Seven Seas have a good reputation for smal shipments :0

And no you won't have a problem - just declare allthe wood etc, same as you do when shipping a household, and pu it on the customs form as personal effects.
Old May 31st 2015, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of

Thanks Pollyanna:-)
Old May 31st 2015, 9:20 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

I shipped a couple of boxes here 6 years after arriving as a result of an inheritance - used Removals UK, Moving Home, Overseas Moves, Storage and shipping | Simpsons 0800 515930, no problems at all and was around £150. Just took a long time to get here as I think small shipments often do.

BB
Old Jun 1st 2015, 8:03 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I shipped a couple of boxes here 6 years after arriving as a result of an inheritance - used Removals UK, Moving Home, Overseas Moves, Storage and shipping | Simpsons 0800 515930, no problems at all and was around £150. Just took a long time to get here as I think small shipments often do.

BB
Yep the trouble with small shipments is that to keep the price down they wait until there is space in a container.
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks buzzy bee I don't mind how long it takes to be honest. I will give Simpsons a call.
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 11:20 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We used Seven Seas to bring over a couple of boxes a few years after we left. Paperwork was a bit of a bind but nothing too complicated. Can't remember how long it took but I remember being surprised by the speed. Maybe my boxes were the load they were waiting for to close up the container. Anyway, we were happy with them.
Old Jun 4th 2015, 9:44 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
We used Seven Seas to bring over a couple of boxes a few years after we left. Paperwork was a bit of a bind but nothing too complicated. Can't remember how long it took but I remember being surprised by the speed. Maybe my boxes were the load they were waiting for to close up the container. Anyway, we were happy with them.
Rumour has it that it takes longer these days as there are fewer people moving here and more going the other way!