Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping Cost - Excess Baggage

Shipping Cost - Excess Baggage

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 2:03 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Shipping Cost - Excess Baggage

For those only taking a small shipment thought this may interest you.

We are using Excess Baggage and for 7 tea chests, 2 suitcases, 2 picture boxes, 2 large holdalls and 1 large box (containing wedding dress) it came to £1195.25 including insurance this is door to door from York to Rosebud, Victoria.

As we are outside the M25 it is £12 per box collection included in that price.

I can't fault the service so far and will let you know how we get on the other end. Mr Mover recommends them though.

Leaving on the 12th come on!!!!

Jo
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 2:09 pm
WBB

that seems like an awful lot of money for that ammount of stuff.

did you shop around at all?

my father in law just had a similar ammount of stuff sent from south wales to brisbane for about a third of what you have quoted there.

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 2:18 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Have to agree with WBB here. We were quoted less than that for 250 cu ft.

Jane
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 6:04 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: Shipping Cost - Excess Baggage

Hi joh117,
excess baggage is the most expensive way of doing it, but it should arrive there the quickest.
(Flying by the USA might have been better bacause they allow 64kg each for baggage.)

But in the end of the day you are paying for it and time is a little short if you are going on the 12th.

Have a good flight & nice time in Oz

Bye
Markeh
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 6:06 pm
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by welshboybilly

my father in law just had a similar ammount of stuff sent from south wales to brisbane for about a third of what you have quoted there.

Spill the beans then WBB I need the cheap route.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 6:12 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

The reason i recommend Excess Baggage is ,i have seen less stuff ups with this company, than any one else out of the UK, they might be dearer but you pay for quality........ MM
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 6:14 pm
WBB

Originally posted by DavidT

did not think it was a secret, most carriers are cheaper than excess bagage.

maybe not as fast, but if you are in no rush for your stuff you pay your money etc.

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 8:43 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Excess Baggage are useful for the last minute panic "oh lord I've got too much stuff" though - box it up and drop it at heathrow or Gatwick, then they can air or sea freight it from there. Took 20 minutes to do all the paperwork and get it through security at Heathrow, and it should be here next week.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 4:36 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DavidT
kings cross , best cheap root.. ........ MM
Old Nov 4th 2003, 4:41 am
Banned

did not think it was a secret, most carriers are cheaper than excess bagage.

maybe not as fast, but if you are in no rush for your stuff you pay your money etc.
nice avatar wwb, who are you ? Conehead-the Barbituate, Celtic warrior,?..:scared: ........ MM
Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:22 am
WBB

Originally posted by mr mover
nice avatar wwb, who are you ? Conehead-the Barbituate, Celtic warrior,?..:scared: ........ MM

lol

Old Nov 4th 2003, 7:23 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Shipping Cost - Excess Baggage

Originally posted by markeh
Hi joh117,
excess baggage is the most expensive way of doing it, but it should arrive there the quickest.
(Flying by the USA might have been better bacause they allow 64kg each for baggage.)

But in the end of the day you are paying for it and time is a little short if you are going on the 12th.

Have a good flight & nice time in Oz

Bye
Markeh
We used excess baggage as the service was good and they came recommended and after all I want my stuff there quickly and in one piece.

We are only allowed 20kg each luggage as we are doing a few stopovers on route therefore that meant more had to go in the shipment. I have no interest in visiting the US so we were always going via Asia.

Jo

Not long to go now!!!!!

Last edited by joh117; Nov 4th 2003 at 7:26 am.