British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Shipping Cornwall to Sydney (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/shipping-cornwall-sydney-772942/)

spottydog Sep 27th 2012 11:01 am

Shipping Cornwall to Sydney

Just wondering if there are any recommendations for companies who will ship from Cornwall to Sydney?

It would need to be a shared container as Mum won't have a full containers worth but the bits she has will need packing by the shippers too. Need shippers who won't try and rip off a single old lady as I can't go back to the UK to help

Also are Letton Percival still the best for insurance?

Mummy3 Sep 27th 2012 11:56 am

Re: Shipping Cornwall to Sydney

Yes on insurance, and they just paid out for us on a claim so think they are great! I would say look at the major shippers as I think they are nationwide...

moneypenny20 Sep 27th 2012 1:55 pm

Are you allowed to take Cornwall away from England?

paddyo Sep 28th 2012 5:55 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 10302961)

Kernow is NOT part of England, it never will be you English bast@rds!!!!! We would rather be Welsh.....oh....hold on.....Irish!!! :lol:

moneypenny20 Sep 28th 2012 6:07 am

Originally Posted by paddyo (Post 10304054)
Kernow is NOT part of England, it never will be you English bast@rds!!!!! We would rather be Welsh.....oh....hold on.....Irish!!! :lol:

Whether you like it or not, you are attached to and run by your motherland. There is no escape, not even if someone is trying to shove the country in a container, you will not get through customs.

paddyo Sep 28th 2012 6:18 am

lol...a land of smugglers and warlocks!!! I actually have a great fondness for the place, lived there for a few years in a lovely fishing village when I was based at a Naval Air station there...even bought myself a nice thick jumper to sing along to the shanty's with!!

Jon77 Sep 29th 2012 12:03 am

Originally Posted by paddyo (Post 10304071)
lol...a land of smugglers and warlocks!!! !

And a limited gene pool ;)

paddyo Sep 29th 2012 1:03 am

Originally Posted by Jon77 (Post 10305164)
And a limited gene pool ;)

six fingers and ginger hair springs to mind! :)

RICH Sep 29th 2012 1:07 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 10302961)

Yer gonna need a bigger boat.:nod:

ukecadet Sep 29th 2012 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by paddyo (Post 10304071)
lol...a land of smugglers and warlocks!!! I actually have a great fondness for the place, lived there for a few years in a lovely fishing village when I was based at a Naval Air station there...even bought myself a nice thick jumper to sing along to the shanty's with!!

Did you ever make it to the Big Smoke?....Truro.

Pomster Sep 29th 2012 3:24 pm

we have just (this week) been packed up by John Mason (going from Sarf Lundin to Melbun). They were incredibly professional and not bad, although we did have a full container and supposedly 4 days of packing. They guys did 4 half days, but it was over estimated I guess.

My husband used BJP brokers to find insurance and they were very competitive and installed cover as the packing commenced....we paid for it by debit card that day.

paddyo Sep 29th 2012 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by ukecadet (Post 10305810)
Did you ever make it to the Big Smoke?....Truro.

Yeah...special days out needed for that!!