Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

shipping containers...

shipping containers...

Old Jun 20th 2003, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

loupyloutoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default shipping containers...

We are no where near the shipping stage yet (haven't applied even) by my husband has asked me to cost up every single thing that we can expect to have to pay for....shipping is one of them. We would be taking stuff with us, probably enough to fill a container by ourselves so...I know I can look between £2500 and £3500ish...do they weigh it, or does it go by cubic feet?

I ask because we have a rather expensive, large and heavy telly that we want to take...it does convert between 50 and 60 mega thingies... DO you think it would be worth it? Obviously we would loose a lot of money selling it here and I've heard electricals are rather expensive in Oz....

I've contacted Britannia, but they are a bit slow getting back to me....
Old Jun 20th 2003, 10:30 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shipping containers...

Originally posted by loupyloutoo
We are no where near the shipping stage yet (haven't applied even) by my husband has asked me to cost up every single thing that we can expect to have to pay for....shipping is one of them. We would be taking stuff with us, probably enough to fill a container by ourselves so...I know I can look between £2500 and £3500ish...do they weigh it, or does it go by cubic feet?

I ask because we have a rather expensive, large and heavy telly that we want to take...it does convert between 50 and 60 mega thingies... DO you think it would be worth it? Obviously we would loose a lot of money selling it here and I've heard electricals are rather expensive in Oz....

I've contacted Britannia, but they are a bit slow getting back to me....
loupy furniture is shipped as a volume freight[cubic] your 20ft containers for sea cargo range from 33>35 m3 or 1100>1200 cuft .The large t.v. would require crating, the backs are very plastic and will take no weight, not nice to see a 8000dollar tv with the back smashed in,:scared: as far as working here ? read some earlier posts on this forum , i can,t keep up with technology. MM