Reload this Page >

Shipping companys

Shipping companys

Old May 20th 2003, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

bozzy's is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping companys

Hi all

Got all 4 quotes in now, but who to choose?

F&N wanted us to dismantal furniture ourselves and to gather together glasswear and ornaments in one area ready for the packers. Their quote for a 20ft container was £2880.

Allied Pickfords team of packers do literally everything in the way of packing. their quote was £3340.

Brittania did the same, their quote was £2890.

John Mason again does everything, their quote was £3146.

All quotes were before marine insurance which varied from 2.5 - 3%.

As you can see they are all much of a muchness price wise.
BUT WHO TO CHOOSE????

What experiences have any of you lot had, and who have you chosen?

Thanks for any advice

Andrea
Old May 20th 2003, 8:16 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping companys

Originally posted by bozzy's
Hi all

F&N wanted us to dismantal furniture ourselves and to gather together glasswear and ornaments in one area ready for the packers. Their quote for a 20ft container was £2880.

Allied Pickfords team of packers do literally everything in the way of packing. their quote was £3340.

BUT WHO TO CHOOSE????

Thanks for any advice

Andrea
are F&N members of B.A.R[british removers assoc],never heard of them i know the others are ,sounds like they are reducing their costs by making you do half the work,getting you to dismantle furniture sounds like they are trying to cram your job into a half full container, are you having sole use[container to your selves]?.......MM
Old May 20th 2003, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

bozzy's is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Yes they are all members of B.A.R.
That quote was for a 20ft container sole use. I have crossed them off my list!
Old May 20th 2003, 9:23 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Yes they are all members of B.A.R.
That quote was for a 20ft container sole use. I have crossed them off my list!
sorry to be so frank ,but alot of small,companys value add by telling you that they have given you sole use , then cram another job in ,youve paid the freight costs , on the cont, so the other job is pure profit............MM
Old May 20th 2003, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

SueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bozzy's
Hiya,

We have had a few quotes ourselves - although we arent emigrating just yet(it was more to give us an idea really). We have had a quote for £6,300 from Shore Potters Society!!!!!! But the others were in the region of £2300 to £2950 for a 20ft container.

Difficult to choose isnt it?

Good Luck anyway. We dont need to worry about this until about the end of the year (all being well)

Sue
Old May 21st 2003, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

xpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nice
Default Shippping

Hi ` We used Pickford one and a half yrs ago Bristol UK to Auckland NZ and found them very helpfull, Efficient and easy to get hold of at any time for enquiiries.
Hope that helps !
Old May 21st 2003, 10:36 am
Banned

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SueIP
Hiya,

We have had a few quotes ourselves - although we arent emigrating just yet(it was more to give us an idea really). We have had a quote for £6,300 from Shore Potters Society!!!!!! But the others were in the region of £2300 to £2950 for a 20ft container.

Difficult to choose isnt it?

Good Luck anyway. We dont need to worry about this until about the end of the year (all being well)

Sue
i believe thats SHORE PORTERS, were are they moving you to the moon.?????.................mm
Old May 21st 2003, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

SueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mr mover
i believe thats SHORE PORTERS, were are they moving you to the moon.?????.................mm

Shore Porters - thats the one!!!!!!! it would need to be the moon for that price!!!!

Sue
Old May 21st 2003, 11:12 am
Just Joined

jubounsall is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping companys

Hi all

BUT WHO TO CHOOSE????

Thanks for any advice

Andrea
Old May 21st 2003, 11:17 am
Just Joined

jubounsall is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

As I type we have Crown movers in our house, packing the entirte contents of our house. We are off to Oz Friday.

They have been great, very professional throughout the entire process.

They have offices in Sydney so feel safe about it all.

Our quote was for about £1500, a lot cheaper than the other 4 we got.

It has taken them 2 hours to do and they are nearly finished, all been very stress free, hence am on line, looking for things to do even.

Hope this helps, Julia
Old May 21st 2003, 11:38 am
Banned

Originally posted by jubounsall
Hi there,

As I type we have Crown movers in our house, packing the entirte contents of our house. We are off to Oz Friday.

It has taken them 2 hours to do and they are nearly finished, all been very stress free, hence am on line, looking for things to do even.

Hope this helps, Julia
2 hrs you dont have much to move was that 15 cum3 about 550cu ft, ?let me know please, as crown are our sister company her in oz...........MM
Old May 21st 2003, 11:57 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Originally posted by jubounsall
Hi there,

Hope this helps, Julia

£1,500?????????? Is this for only part of a container? If not please adise details and web site it is unbelievable
Old May 21st 2003, 12:29 pm
Banned

Originally posted by yafm
£1,500?????????? Is this for only part of a container? If not please adise details and web site it is unbelievable
sounds abit suss .................MM
Old May 21st 2003, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I asked for quotes from Anglo (used before) Brittania, Pickfords and PSS, all came in within a few hundred pounds of each other. But Anglo and Brittania missed things off. Such as 33" television and Kingsize bed. !!

Used Anglo before and they were excellent on the outward journey, lousey coming back as they used cowboy agents.

Brittania I was not impressed with.

PSS I did not even get to call not impressed with attitude on the phone.

So chose to go with Pickfords, plus they have offices in Australia and use there own staff not agencys. (well thats what they claim)
Old May 22nd 2003, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

MaggieLou is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, I know it may seem a daft question, but just how much can you get in a 20-ft container? ie is that approx 2 bed terraced/3 bed semi/4 bed detatched etc.
are you able to gicve me an idea?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.