Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which Shipping company to use ?????

Which Shipping company to use ?????

Old Aug 31st 2010, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

fathermarc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which Shipping company to use ?????

Hi,
My first day on here and I'm just full of questions. I'm hoping that some one out there will be able to help us.

We're moving to Aus at the end of the Year begining of next (dependant on a case officer reviewing our application). I've been ringing around for quotes on shipping some of our treasured belonging over with us. A couple of motorbikes, house hold effects, art etc... Stuff that we really can't let go.

Price based on 500 cubic feet and 3 motorbikes and one side car is £4055. Service includes professional packing, crating of the vehicles, door to door delivery and customs clearance. Transit times are 73 days door to door. Marine insurance is additional at 3% of the value of your goods. Quarantine fees are additional and payable at destination and will be approx AU$980.

Is there anyone out there who has found a cheaper company, someone you'd highly recommend.
Has anyone had any experience bringing over motorcycles, what are the pitfalls?

I have lots of questions but don't want this email to go on and on. So this is it for now. I'd really appreciate you response.
Regards,
Marc
Old Aug 31st 2010, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of
Default Re: Which Shipping company to use ?????

Originally Posted by fathermarc
Hi,
My first day on here and I'm just full of questions. I'm hoping that some one out there will be able to help us.

We're moving to Aus at the end of the Year begining of next (dependant on a case officer reviewing our application). I've been ringing around for quotes on shipping some of our treasured belonging over with us. A couple of motorbikes, house hold effects, art etc... Stuff that we really can't let go.

Price based on 500 cubic feet and 3 motorbikes and one side car is £4055. Service includes professional packing, crating of the vehicles, door to door delivery and customs clearance. Transit times are 73 days door to door. Marine insurance is additional at 3% of the value of your goods. Quarantine fees are additional and payable at destination and will be approx AU$980.

Is there anyone out there who has found a cheaper company, someone you'd highly recommend.
Has anyone had any experience bringing over motorcycles, what are the pitfalls?

I have lots of questions but don't want this email to go on and on. So this is it for now. I'd really appreciate you response.
Regards,
Marc
hi thats seems alot for 500 cb ft, we have had a qoute for nz from berkshire england 600 cu ft £2,200
Old Aug 31st 2010, 11:11 pm
Just Joined

fathermarc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Which Shipping company to use ?????

I thought it was quite a lot too
Which co. did you get your quote off?