Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping Companies to Perth Western Australia

Shipping Companies to Perth Western Australia

Old Jan 23rd 2011, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

debs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nice
Default Shipping Companies to Perth Western Australia

As anyone used any shipping companies nearer to the North West or surrounding areas.

Any help would be greatly received, not sure which one to use, is it best to use a shipping firm closer to home or not?

Any advise in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Debbie
Old Jan 24th 2011, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

saxtonj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shipping Companies to Perth Western Australia

I don't think it matters myself, as all the shipping companies are uk wide i think.

There are lots of threads on here re shippers, doign a search should bring up lots. And you will also see a lot of differing comments.

The same company will have problems with one forum user, but another will have had no problems whatsoever.

My two penneth worth.

We had Anglo Pacific, the boys came from the Manchester branch (which I do believe will class as North West), who we found to be a middle of the road quote (we had three companies quote us), the guy who came to quote came across as very genuine and came across the best of all of them. no pressure just the facts as he saw it. The guys who came to pack were brilliant. i kept them in drinks and bacon sarnies (from a local cafe) but they weren't expecting it and were very gracious nice lads. It shipped over, the company they used in Australia were brilliant. we kept it in storage for a number of months here in Australia (the price was less than half we were quoted), the guys who brought the stuff to our property here in Australia were great guys. they unpacked everything, anything requiring building or putting together (beds etc) was done. they took all the wrapping and boxes with them and took us round everything to make sure we were happy. We had two things broken. a serving plate, and the glass frame on a photo was cracked. Not bad for 10,000 miles.

Brilliant experience.

Friends of ours used them as well, simply because we'd chosen them, and they had no problems either, with nothing broken.

Other forum members may have had issues with Anglo Pacific, but we would highly recommend them. We had a fantastic experience.

Hope that helps

James
Old Jan 24th 2011, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Lois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really nice

Just a quick question if you dont mind me asking, when your container is in storage are you able to access it? Reason being need to ship OH tools (carpenter) but he will want to access them before we probably need all our belongings? on the pretext he will need to find a job!

Thanks guys
Old Jan 24th 2011, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

saxtonj is on a distinguished road

No - it's secure - you release the entire thing as far as I'm aware.

If that's what you want to do, then look at shipping a tea chest seperately, that's the easiest thing to do. we held on to a few things ourselves and shipped with excess baggage, didn't really like them, but it was hassle free Australia End getting them.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Lois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by saxtonj

If that's what you want to do, then look at shipping a tea chest seperately, that's the easiest thing to do. we held on to a few things ourselves and shipped with excess baggage, didn't really like them, but it was hassle free Australia End getting them.
Thanks for that, most helpful and worth bearing in mind !
Old Jan 24th 2011, 12:40 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

I used Anglo Pacific (departed from Essex). I have nothing but praise for them. At the end of the day, it depends on who your packers and unpackers are. Mine were really, really good.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 4:28 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it matters myself, as all the shipping companies are uk wide i think.

There are lots of threads on here re shippers, doign a search should bring up lots. And you will also see a lot of differing comments.

The same company will have problems with one forum user, but another will have had no problems whatsoever.

My two penneth worth.

We had Anglo Pacific, the boys came from the Manchester branch (which I do believe will class as North West), who we found to be a middle of the road quote (we had three companies quote us), the guy who came to quote came across as very genuine and came across the best of all of them. no pressure just the facts as he saw it. The guys who came to pack were brilliant. i kept them in drinks and bacon sarnies (from a local cafe) but they weren't expecting it and were very gracious nice lads. It shipped over, the company they used in Australia were brilliant. we kept it in storage for a number of months here in Australia (the price was less than half we were quoted), the guys who brought the stuff to our property here in Australia were great guys. they unpacked everything, anything requiring building or putting together (beds etc) was done. they took all the wrapping and boxes with them and took us round everything to make sure we were happy. We had two things broken. a serving plate, and the glass frame on a photo was cracked. Not bad for 10,000 miles.

Brilliant experience.

Friends of ours used them as well, simply because we'd chosen them, and they had no problems either, with nothing broken.

Other forum members may have had issues with Anglo Pacific, but we would highly recommend them. We had a fantastic experience.

Hope that helps

James
Agree. AP in the UK and Kent here in WA.

All good and I can recommend both.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

I wan tee go oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Have looked at anglopacific, and got on here the impression that more people are happy with them than not, suppose is always going to be the way with anything.

How long did it take from packing in UK to unpacking in Oz? Providing there was no long term storage inbetween.

We're heading for Perth mid march, still as yet undecided weather to take the minimum which I guess goes by air and is expensive or take it all in half a container which although takes longer, has the benefit of spending less $$$?

Any advice appreciated, happy to be corrected
Old Jan 27th 2011, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

With regard to the tea chest option does that go as air freight ? and does it still have to go through customs/checks in Oz? Just wondered how quick you could stil get it?