Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping Companies are coming - Anything I need to know/ask?

Shipping Companies are coming - Anything I need to know/ask?

Old Jul 25th 2011, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

bubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant future
Default Shipping Companies are coming - Anything I need to know/ask?

I have four shipping companies coming in August to give me quotes. Is there anything I should be aware of i.e. hidden cost

What should their qoutes include? Packing, Shipping, Insurance and ???

I'm useless at this kind of thing so I know I'll miss something!!
Old Jul 25th 2011, 2:00 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Companies are coming - Anything I need to know/ask?

They should tell you pretty much everything.

If you're shipping a car/motorbike, make sure it's door to door. I know of one family who's car ended up door to Sydney and they subsequently had to pay extra for it to be brought to Canberra. My motorbike would have been the same had I not made sure that the documentation stated that it would be door to door - together with our household items.

Pls let us know who ends up on your shortlist.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

bubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant future

Ok I will do

I've have ended up with five appointments. They are with: Anglo Pacific, John Mason, PSS, Crowne and Pickfords

Old Jul 26th 2011, 12:45 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bubblegum_babe
Ok I will do

I've have ended up with five appointments. They are with: Anglo Pacific, John Mason, PSS, Crowne and Pickfords

Looks like a good mix. There's one or two there which might ring bells for some people. But I'm sure they'll let you know shortly
Old Jul 26th 2011, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

Brisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to behold

I used PSS but didn't have much stuff. just 3 tea chests full and a mountain bike. I took it all to their warehouse in Croydon and packed it up in the boxes they provided then collected it from their depot in Brisbane.

No dramas whatsoever. I can't remember if I took out their insurance or not. I'm really not sure how common this sort of thing is

One thing I do remember though is that because it travels by boat and it goes across the equator it gets very hot and humid so sticky tape sort of melts and things wrapped in cling film or bubble wrap sweat a lot.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

debs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nice

Originally Posted by bubblegum_babe
I have four shipping companies coming in August to give me quotes. Is there anything I should be aware of i.e. hidden cost

What should their qoutes include? Packing, Shipping, Insurance and ???

I'm useless at this kind of thing so I know I'll miss something!!
Hi

Good luck with your quotes we are going with Crown Relocations because the AQUAS Fee is included in their quotation and they have a branch located in Perth but I guess this isn't always important.

Just to add I have just taken out insurance I didnt go with Crown because they were very expensive but one company to look at here in the UK is Letton Percival based in Liverpool they were very reasonable.

Hope this helps.

Debbie
Old Jul 26th 2011, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, I'll look at the insurance company now