Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping Companies, Any Recommendations

Shipping Companies, Any Recommendations

Old Jan 20th 2005, 6:57 pm
blossom

Question Shipping Companies, Any Recommendations

Currently living in North East Lincolnshire and looking to move to S E Qld between March and August this year.

Do you have any recommended shippers that we can contact. Last time we made this trip we used Bonners who were really good, but they do not appear to be in operation any longer.

Want company that is 100% trustworthy and reliable.

When we came back to UK the shipping company in Sydney that we used, totally ripped us off. Only sent us about 1/3 of our goods, and broke heaps too! On top of that they didn't even cover us with insurance even though we had paid for it!

Please help, all recommendations will be followed up.

Old Jan 20th 2005, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant future
Default Re: Shipping Companies, Any Recommendations

Originally Posted by blossom
Currently living in North East Lincolnshire and looking to move to S E Qld between March and August this year.

Do you have any recommended shippers that we can contact. Last time we made this trip we used Bonners who were really good, but they do not appear to be in operation any longer.

When we came back to UK the shipping company in Sydney that we used, totally ripped us off. Only sent us about 1/3 of our goods, and broke heaps too! On top of that they didn't even cover us with insurance even though we had paid for it!

Hi Blossom,
My fella works for a global shipping company, he's based here in Birmingham but they have locations all over UK.
I'm trusting him to ship out all my worldly goods for me - just let me know if you are interested and I will PM you his details.
Hope this may help you start your search
Old Jan 20th 2005, 8:47 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Our friends made the big move in October and used PSS they were very good they praised them well.
Try this http://www.planned-storage.co.uk
Hope this helps
Good Luck with the move

Ang
Old Jan 20th 2005, 9:50 pm
blossom

Originally Posted by Kristine
Hi Blossom,
My fella works for a global shipping company, he's based here in Birmingham but they have locations all over UK.
I'm trusting him to ship out all my worldly goods for me - just let me know if you are interested and I will PM you his details.
Hope this may help you start your search

Many thanks Kristine, that is very much appreciated, look fwd to hearing from him soon. Can't imagine what the cost is going to be!! LOL
Blossom

Old Jan 20th 2005, 9:52 pm
blossom

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Hi

Our friends made the big move in October and used PSS they were very good they praised them well.
Try this http://www.planned-storage.co.uk
Hope this helps
Good Luck with the move

Ang

Thank you Angie, will check this site out tomorrow. Really don't want to have to go through all the upset we had last time.

Blossom

Old Jan 21st 2005, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

sam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: Shipping Companies, Any Recommendations

We have just used White & Co (http://www.whiteandco-nw.co.uk/). So far they have been excellent. They estimated a transit time of 8-12 weeks and our stuff arrived in 4.

If you are thinking of storing your possessions while you look for somewhere to live, it is much cheaper in Oz about $30 a week.

Good luck

Molly
Old Jan 21st 2005, 2:00 pm
jaf
Just Joined

jaf is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya!

I used seven seas & found them really good - much cheaper than the other quotes I got & a really helpful & straightforward service door to door.

Good Luck!
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 2:42 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Recommend you give ***** ******** (Pacific) a wide berth.
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 2:45 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam&molly
We have just used White & Co (http://www.whiteandco-nw.co.uk/). So far they have been excellent. They estimated a transit time of 8-12 weeks and our stuff arrived in 4.

If you are thinking of storing your possessions while you look for somewhere to live, it is much cheaper in Oz about $30 a week.

Good luck

Molly
Obviously not stored by the shippers at that price.
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

We sent 2 shipments with John Mason last year and they were excellent. A few things were broken (plates etc) but we think one box was dropped when it went through customs here. Insurance claim was paid in full without any delay.

Lesley
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 5:50 am
Sydney since Oct 04

l_jg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, We used John MAsons too - they were excellent in the UK, answered all our questions and were really friendly and helpful - kept us up to date with everything that was going on. They are using Trans International Shipping over here and so far they have been easy to contact etc.... We are getting delivery of our stuff in 10 days time - waiting for it to get through quarantine for over a month! so I'll let you know how things arrive!

So far, I'd highly recommend John Masons.......
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 9:21 am
Madwoman

katyjoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by l_jg
Hi, We used John MAsons too - they were excellent in the UK, answered all our questions and were really friendly and helpful - kept us up to date with everything that was going on. They are using Trans International Shipping over here and so far they have been easy to contact etc.... We are getting delivery of our stuff in 10 days time - waiting for it to get through quarantine for over a month! so I'll let you know how things arrive!

So far, I'd highly recommend John Masons.......

Ill hold off judgement on John Masons for a few days before I give my final verdict.

we shipped a car and 81 boxes of belongings in one container. The belongings were shipped fine, one glass broken and a chest of draws scratched which isnt too bad.

however the car has been a different issue...They have broken the fuel prressure regulator whilst draining the fuel - they should never have needed to touch this part at all and it is a modified motorsport item that will cost hundreds of pounds to replace (although they have agreed to replace it but only because they dont know how much its going to cost them yet!!! )

It also failed a quarantine inspection for being too dirty (mud under all four wheel arches!) and has to be steam cleaned again over here. I already paid them to steam clean it in the UK but they are now refusing to meet the quarantine cleaning costs over here. I have had stern words with them and WILL be pursueing them legally for all costs incurred by us for them failing to do their job properly if they dont agree to pay up.

Mr Katyjoy
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

sam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: Shipping Companies, Any Recommendations

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Obviously not stored by the shippers at that price.

Yes. The storage was arranged by white and Co in the UK, they use a local agent who are Movements International (p.o. Box 7066. Wetherill Park Sydney NSW 2164 ( www.movementsinternational.com)

Also, they will split your shipment, so if you want certain boxes out early you can get them, so for me I needed my work gear and they are sending that a head.

Hope this helps

Sam
Old Jan 31st 2005, 6:07 pm
blossom

Hi, just to update - We are currently trying to follow up on the recommendations you have so kindly given and at the moment most companies are only interested in doing everything by email. However, we have just had a company called Brittania round - seemed very knowledgeable and will provide the quotation in a couple of days - has anyone any experience of this company.

Apparently they are throughout the UK, but we had their Hull Rep over as we live in North East Lincolnshire, so they were the closest to us.

Any info would be appreciated.

Blossom

Old Jan 31st 2005, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, just to update - We are currently trying to follow up on the recommendations you have so kindly given and at the moment most companies are only interested in doing everything by email. However, we have just had a company called Brittania round - seemed very knowledgeable and will provide the quotation in a couple of days - has anyone any experience of this company.

Apparently they are throughout the UK, but we had their Hull Rep over as we live in North East Lincolnshire, so they were the closest to us.

Any info would be appreciated.

Blossom
We had a quote from Britannia; they were very expensive nearly 1K more than the cheapest two quotes. Also, we found their insurance very steep too.

If a company won’t come to your home – stay away from them. A friend of ours used a company who did everything by telephone, then they were given an extra charge of 1300 pound because the cubic estimation was out.

Molly
:scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.