Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping Companies

Shipping Companies

Old Jun 9th 2016, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

shaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shipping Companies

We have recently put our house on the market, so i thought it would be time to get some quotations for shipping our belongings from Manchester to Perth WA. I have had 3 companies in to do surveys and give us quote for their services.

Britannia Bradshaw - £2,016.00
Robinsons Relocation - £2,125.00
PSS - £1,780.00

All have quoted for approx 500 Sq Ft Shared container and all are quoting the same times approx 12 weeks to arrive. I can sort insurance out myself and get quotes separately.

Question is, has anyone got any experiences using any of these companies? I cant find many recent reviews on the site of these companies, so if anyone has used these in the last 12 months your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ian
Old Jun 12th 2016, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Companies

Be wary about the 12 weeks for a shared container. That is the average time from leaving the UK to clearing customs and delivery in OZ.
Shared containers only leave when they are full, your container could wait for many weeks before shipping in the UK. Ask them exactly when they can ship, they should have an idea of other part loads they have. If you can get a date and a shipping schedule from them in writing all the better. Oh and take separate insurance direct from a broker like Letton Percival or Insure your Move, cheaper and less conflict if things get broken etc.
Old Jun 12th 2016, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shaw86
We have recently put our house on the market, so i thought it would be time to get some quotations for shipping our belongings from Manchester to Perth WA. I have had 3 companies in to do surveys and give us quote for their services.

PSS - £1,780.00

All have quoted for approx 500 Sq Ft Shared container and all are quoting the same times approx 12 weeks to arrive. I can sort insurance out myself and get quotes separately.

Question is, has anyone got any experiences using any of these companies? I cant find many recent reviews on the site of these companies, so if anyone has used these in the last 12 months your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ian

Hi,

It was 1998 that we moved to Australia from the North West, we used Robinsons, it was a shared container and we left in early October our items did not arrive until the end of February, we were told it would take about 10 weeks which we thought would be okay, we ended up having to "double" up on essential items which was a cost we did not need at the time, we also did not have family or friends upon our arrival to "help out" where as you might which will help, things might of changed now but have that in mind when your looking at quotes etc. Good luck with the move
Old Jun 12th 2016, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

shaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you both for your great responses. I will take all this into account once I decide who to go with. We do have family to go to once we have landed, however I will ask the question regarding when the container will or can actually leave. Also I have looked at the letton Percival site and will probably go with them for my insurance as the shipping companies are quoting 3.5% for their cover.

Thanks Again

Ian
Old Jun 20th 2016, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

leejo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by shaw86

PSS - £1,780.00

Cheers,

Ian
Hi Ian,

We are moving Manchester to Cairns. Had a quote from Britannia Bradshaw and need to get a few more comparisons. Found the number for Robinsons Relocation on google. But can not find PSS. Can you help?

Kind Regards

Lee
Old Jun 20th 2016, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by leejo
Hi Ian,

We are moving Manchester to Cairns. Had a quote from Britannia Bradshaw and need to get a few more comparisons. Found the number for Robinsons Relocation on google. But can not find PSS. Can you help?

Kind Regards

Lee
If you fill in the form online they will call you back to arrange a survey and quote.

Cheers

Ian
https://www.pssremovals.com
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

ZULU2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi thre try ReloUK hope it ain't too late very good well for me they brilliant and affordable less than 8weeks shared container.