Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping Companies

Shipping Companies

Old May 14th 2006, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shipping Companies

Can people list some websites for shipping companies, I have looked online but would be grateful for some links.

Lisa.xx
Old May 14th 2006, 11:32 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future
Default Re: Shipping Companies

Originally Posted by oliverandlisa
Can people list some websites for shipping companies, I have looked online but would be grateful for some links.

Lisa.xx
In my opinion, and I think I talk for a few others, this is the ONLY one you need ...

http://www.johnmason.com/

A good website and you can price each room from the site.
Old May 14th 2006, 12:14 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Lisa.xx
Hi Lisa

We used F&N Worldwide. £3,200 for a sole use 20ft Cambridgeshire (UK) to Perth.
http://www.fnworldwide.com/

Shipping insurance was through Letton Percival
www.lettonpercival.co.uk/

Neil.
Old May 14th 2006, 12:29 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
Shipping insurance was through Letton Percival
www.lettonpercival.co.uk/

Neil.
I missed that bit, yeah JM will use this mob, but will ALSO charge you 3%

Go direct and you'll pay 1.5% I think it was ...

A tip I got from the lovely Moneypen20 ...
Old May 14th 2006, 12:32 pm
Account Closed

Oh and for stats, 20ft container Herts - Gold Coast - £3,750 and it all arrived in 7.5 weeks! ...

2 plates broke, and that was it!

Can't complain at all! ...
Old May 14th 2006, 12:57 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Lisa.xx
I totally agree with Paul&Nic. JM were fabulous.
Old May 14th 2006, 1:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Welshie
I totally agree with Paul&Nic. JM were fabulous.
Not ME again ...lol, but I DO think they deserve the plug ...

UK side was brilliant, just had to make cups of tea for the boys, and Ozside (diff co - Wridgeways) the same.

Cannot fault and if we have to go back in 2 years (long story, but only temp visas for us) we'll without doubt use them again.

10/10
Old May 14th 2006, 1:24 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
Not ME again ...lol, but I DO think they deserve the plug ...

UK side was brilliant, just had to make cups of tea for the boys, and Ozside (diff co - Wridgeways) the same.

Cannot fault and if we have to go back in 2 years (long story, but only temp visas for us) we'll without doubt use them again.

10/10
hun we're on temps....and we ain't going anywhere!!
Old May 14th 2006, 1:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Welshie
hun we're on temps....and we ain't going anywhere!!
Oh believe me I'd LOVE to think the same, and once upon a time would've said the same thing, but with current state of play I just don't know if I'm Arthur or Marthur anymore ...

Long story and sandy man is a callin ...
Old May 14th 2006, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

all i can say is that we are using a local company but they work nationwide and called 'freightworld' based ion sheffield.

our quote for a 20ft container including packaging and packing for a 3 bed house is just £2,800!!! they also have a clearing agent at the other end and will sort that out.

i'll pass on the number if anyone is interested

debs x
Old May 14th 2006, 3:57 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Lisa.xx
We are using Crown - www.moveoverseas.co.uk

and Letton Percival for our insurance £160 for £10,000 of cover.... www.lettonpercival.co.uk

Claire
x
Old May 15th 2006, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

Fardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the rough

Found this list of UK removalists/shipping companies - http://www.cruxaustralis.com/removals-relocation/uk/ - seems like most of them. Probably best to then search for each of them in the forum and get an idea of who's got the best service reputation - and then just hope they give you the cheapest quote too
Old May 15th 2006, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fardell
Found this list of UK removalists/shipping companies - http://www.cruxaustralis.com/removals-relocation/uk/ - seems like most of them. Probably best to then search for each of them in the forum and get an idea of who's got the best service reputation - and then just hope they give you the cheapest quote too

www.freightworld1.co.uk.

depots nationwide and a grand cheaper than most of the others for a 20ft container!

telephone 08707559222
Old May 15th 2006, 10:52 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

We used Doree Bonner.

Get yourself 3 or 4 quotes and go with the mid range one.

Good luck!
Old May 15th 2006, 11:29 am
Jonah & Suzie's Daddy!!!

Sir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud of

crown may be one of the expensive ones but service is excellent ... they are solely owned by one gentleman .... operate worldwide and don't use agents at the other end ... so you basically deal with crown from start to finish
also the MD for the uk and europe posts on here from time to time and checks out any comments made

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.