British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Shipping Companies (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/shipping-companies-316385/)

iggy1973 Jul 27th 2005 3:33 pm

Shipping Companies

Hi,

I'm new to the forum but have been reading and finding the information posted very helpful for a little while now. My girlfriend and I are moving to Perth in October and we are in the process of finalising soem of the finer details.

We have narrowed down shipping companies to the following four and would be interested to hear people's views on which might be the best, particularly with regard to moving to Perth:

1) Brittania
2) Anglo Pacific
3) Doree Bonner
4) PSS

We are moving from Edinburgh if that helps.

Thanks in advance

Ian

dmb357 Jul 27th 2005 5:31 pm

Re: Shipping Companies

Originally Posted by iggy1973
Hi,

I'm new to the forum but have been reading and finding the information posted very helpful for a little while now. My girlfriend and I are moving to Perth in October and we are in the process of finalising soem of the finer details.

We have narrowed down shipping companies to the following four and would be interested to hear people's views on which might be the best, particularly with regard to moving to Perth:

1) Brittania
2) Anglo Pacific
3) Doree Bonner
4) PSS

Thanks in advance

Ian

Hi Ian
We have the same query! We have had a really positive helpful reply from PSS and quite reasonable quote but has anyone had any dealings with 'upakweship' just for boxes?
Diana

Centurion Jul 27th 2005 5:40 pm

Hi,

1) Brittania
2) Anglo Pacific
3) Doree Bonner
4) PSS

Thanks in advance

Ian

We're going with PSS. Anglo Pacific have basically been flamed a lot around here and earned the Nickname ***** ******** :) here is a thread :

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300480

PSS seem to have an excellent reputation and I'm sure if you did a search on the forum for shipping you will find lots of experiences of all the different firms.

scotmacs Jul 27th 2005 5:54 pm

Hi,

1) Brittania
2) Anglo Pacific
3) Doree Bonner
4) PSS

Thanks in advance

Ian

Hi Ian

We are also hoping to move to Perth in Oct ( hopefully will have the dogs sorted out for then!!! thats the complicated bit... aswell as your topic )

We are in Fife and are after the same info as yourselves. My australian cousin and his scottish wife moved back to Perth about 4 years ago and used AP and didn't have any complaints BUT they seem to have gone downhill since then !!!!!!!!!!

We have Bishops coming out next week to see us but will now have a look at PSS aswell after reading other posts. God its tough call making a decision on your precious belongings and your beloved dogs !!!!!! You just hope and pray that you make the right call and it all goes well.....

Will keep an eye on your posts to see how you are getting on Ian.

Kay

parkhigh Jul 27th 2005 6:14 pm

Hi Ian

We are also hoping to move to melbourne in Oct. I have just put a thread re pss and masons as i had got quotes from the top 5 but these 2 companies seem to come out on top. You might that thread useful reading. I am in basingstoke, hants so dont know about scotland . Hope this helps a bit anyway good luck
irene

jond Jul 27th 2005 8:41 pm

Hi,

1) Brittania
2) Anglo Pacific
3) Doree Bonner
4) PSS

Thanks in advance

Ian

Hi we are of to Melbourne soon (when we sell the bl***y house).

We have had Fox removals round already, I liked the estimator very down to earth, they quoted £2584 for a shared container (groupage) and £3198 for a 20ft container.

Allied Pickford were due round yesterday but the estimator had to go home sick so we will rebook another appointment.

We have PSS round on Friday and Anglo Pacific round on Monday.

As soon as we have the quotes in I will post them to see how they compare to other peoples.

John

chatty34 Jul 27th 2005 9:06 pm

We have had a total of 5 companies round so far and last but not least PSS today, Decided to go with PSS. Firstly because of the brilliant reputation that they have on this site and secondly because we were so impressed with the estimator that they sent round to us. He was a really nice man (I know, typical female comment :D ) more importantly he came from Brisbane so we kept him here for well over an hour picking his brains about areas and schools and he seemed only to happy to oblige.

Anne4Terry Jul 27th 2005 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
We have had a total of 5 companies round so far and last but not least PSS today, Decided to go with PSS. Firstly because of the brilliant reputation that they have on this site and secondly because we were so impressed with the estimator that they sent round to us. He was a really nice man (I know, typical female comment :D ) more importantly he came from Brisbane so we kept him here for well over an hour picking his brains about areas and schools and he seemed only to happy to oblige.

We had him round yesterday, saw the golf clubs and he was off :D

chatty34 Jul 27th 2005 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
We had him round yesterday, saw the golf clubs and he was off :D

LOL, he told my husband to take up golf in OZ and gave us his number for when he goes home next year...

Pollyana Jul 27th 2005 9:50 pm

Its like a word association game - when someone says "***** ********" I think "ten foot barge pole".......... :scared:

Anne4Terry Jul 27th 2005 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
LOL, he told my husband to take up golf in OZ and gave us his number for when he goes home next year...

That would be for his son's wedding :D