Reload this Page >

Shipping Companies?

Shipping Companies?

Old Oct 7th 2004, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

shell1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping Companies?

Hello

Just Wondering If Anyone Could Advise Of A Good Reliable Economical Shipping Company To Use

We Have Decided To Only Just Ship Out Boxes Of Personal Belongings, Not Furniture

Any Recomendations Would Be Greatly Appreciated

Many Thanks

Shell1
Old Oct 7th 2004, 12:19 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping Companies?

Originally Posted by shell1
Hello

Just Wondering If Anyone Could Advise Of A Good Reliable Economical Shipping Company To Use

We Have Decided To Only Just Ship Out Boxes Of Personal Belongings, Not Furniture

Many Thanks

Shell1

Anyone except ***** ******** by the sound of the horror stories!
Old Oct 7th 2004, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lucyb
Anyone except ***** ******** by the sound of the horror stories!
WAS GONNA GIVE THEM A CALL AS WELL!
HEARD THEY ARE QUITE EXPENSIVE........
Old Oct 7th 2004, 12:30 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Hello

Many Thanks

Shell1

I would go for PSS
Old Oct 7th 2004, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jacko1
I would go for PSS
pss..........WHO ARE THEY? DO YOU KNOW WEBSITE?
Old Oct 7th 2004, 12:36 pm
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

we are using John Masons , very highly thought off by some people on here and so far very friendly and good !
Old Oct 7th 2004, 12:50 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Here you go:

http://www.pss.uk.com
Old Oct 7th 2004, 12:50 pm
GLR
Forum Regular

GLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the rough

Hello

Many Thanks

Shell1
Shell

We're heading to Brisbane in November and I've arranged for four movers to quote:

PSS
Allied Pickfords
Crown Relocations
John Masons

I selected the four by searching the archived messages on this site to see who received positive feedback. All of the four have received broadly positive feedback over the last couple of years. PSS in particular are a site favourite.

I suggest that you also search the archives and browse through the messages - that's the best way to find information as any question you can think of will almost certainly have been answered before!

Here's a previous post that goes in to some detail about the different co.s

http://67.15.12.206/forum/showthread...light=shipping

You'll see that I just cut and pasted this reply from there. ;-)

Good luck with the move

G
Old Oct 7th 2004, 2:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

WAS GONNA GIVE THEM A CALL AS WELL!
HEARD THEY ARE QUITE EXPENSIVE........
They were actually quite reasonable pricewise but the phrase "I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot barge pole" comes to mind........
If you only shipping boxes, Excess Baggage Co are pretty good, and I've heard good reports of Seven Seas too.

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 7th 2004 at 2:33 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

wendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant future

From personal grief/experience I would never recommend Excess Baggage removals. They took all our belongings which then sat in their depot for a month, so arrived late this end with items missing (including a huge dining table!!) and quite a few damages and the customer services was a disgrace.

Good luck in finding a reputable company and good luck in the move!!
Old Oct 7th 2004, 9:43 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

I used Seven Seas for 6 boxes. Found them to be the cheapest and the service was excellent.

My review of them can be found here --> http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...eels+Christmas
Old Oct 8th 2004, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

stefian is an unknown quantity at this point

hi

We used Crown Relocations. They were excellent, I would definately recommend them. we had problems fixing a moving date. but they were very patient. on moving day they came and packed everything for us, we were in the way,so we went outside and sat in the garden. Be aware the packers pack everything so do as we did, any things that are not to go, stick in a "not to be shipped" room. It all arrived 8 weeks laternot a thing damage. sailed through customs and was delivered to the door,unpacked and put into the correct rooms.
The guys who unpacked were very pleasing to the eyes, which was an added bonus.

Steph
very hot and just about to have a cool beer
Old Oct 8th 2004, 7:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wendymaisie
From personal grief/experience I would never recommend Excess Baggage removals. They took all our belongings which then sat in their depot for a month, so arrived late this end with items missing (including a huge dining table!!) and quite a few damages and the customer services was a disgrace.

Good luck in finding a reputable company and good luck in the move!!
OK, maybe they aren't so good with more stuff - have to admit I only used them for a couple of boxes which I delivered to their Heathrow office, and which came out by air.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

Mizunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Shipping Companies?

Hi call Allfreight International Removals, 0800454796, prices are very competatvie and there service is very efficient.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

There is a thread running at the moment about small shipments.

We are just beginning the nightmare of what do we take/leave etc...

We are going with PSS as they have been very good so far and always seem to have positive things said about them.
I had the estimator in today and he was really really good. OK it was more than expected but he offered great advice and some excellent suggestions about cutting down on shipping costs.

Oh and when I wanted to book an estimation... I rang this week and because it was half-term it's really the only convenient time I had. They rang back in about ten minutes with a time for today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.