Reload this Page >

shipping - christmas decor to WA

shipping - christmas decor to WA

Old Dec 14th 2015, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

Flames123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post shipping - christmas decor to WA

Good Day everyone.
I am aware of the fact that Australia has a very quarantine law in place.
I am given to understand that pine cones in Christmas decor is a strict no-no.
What is the status of artificial berries on artificial trees?
I have a rather nice Christmas tree that has both pine cones and berries on it.
I will look at removing the pine cones, but what should I do with the berries?
Can i keep them?
Or as an alternative, can i remove them and bring them with me as carry-on baggage? I will declare it of course.
Old Dec 14th 2015, 6:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shipping - christmas decor to WA

Originally Posted by Flames123
Good Day everyone.
I am aware of the fact that Australia has a very quarantine law in place.
I am given to understand that pine cones in Christmas decor is a strict no-no.
What is the status of artificial berries on artificial trees?
I have a rather nice Christmas tree that has both pine cones and berries on it.
I will look at removing the pine cones, but what should I do with the berries?
Can i keep them?
Or as an alternative, can i remove them and bring them with me as carry-on baggage? I will declare it of course.
Pine cones -definite no-no. There is a chance of getting them through but destruction costs a lot so not worth the risk
Berries -sore point here, I had a hat with artifical (plastic) berries on. AQIS insisted they were real and charged me for destruction. Again you may be lucky but be ready for the opposite. Back in 2003 it cost me nearly $200 for destruction. I had to pay it or they wouldn't release the rest of my stuff.

So, my advice would be to get rid of them too. Possibly just dump the tree and buy a new one here?
Old Dec 14th 2015, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Pine cones -definite no-no. There is a chance of getting them through but destruction costs a lot so not worth the risk
Berries -sore point here, I had a hat with artifical (plastic) berries on. AQIS insisted they were real and charged me for destruction. Again you may be lucky but be ready for the opposite. Back in 2003 it cost me nearly $200 for destruction. I had to pay it or they wouldn't release the rest of my stuff.

So, my advice would be to get rid of them too. Possibly just dump the tree and buy a new one here?
thanks Polyanna. cant get rid of the tree i just bought it with the intention of bringing it with me to WA ....aghhhh ..wish i knew about the pine cones and berries before buying it.
thanks again.
Old Dec 14th 2015, 9:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Polyanna. cant get rid of the tree i just bought it with the intention of bringing it with me to WA ....aghhhh ..wish i knew about the pine cones and berries before buying it.
thanks again.
Welll..... either you can risk it, or take off the berries and cones, Wish I could give you better news, but the meer mention of Christmas decs seems to send AQIS into a flat spin
Old Dec 15th 2015, 9:37 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks again.
Can you not sell it on a local page/gumtree? Maybe donate it to a local hospital/hospice/children's home?

Trees are readily available and affordable here.
Old Dec 15th 2015, 10:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Polyanna. cant get rid of the tree i just bought it with the intention of bringing it with me to WA
Can I ask why? I mean, I get it if it's your childhood tree which you have an emotional connection with but to buy one just to bring over presumably in your luggage I don't understand.
Old Dec 15th 2015, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Can I ask why? I mean, I get it if it's your childhood tree which you have an emotional connection with but to buy one just to bring over presumably in your luggage I don't understand.
no, not in my luggage...I intend to ship it....it was only the beriies i thought of bringing in with my luggae ...daft, I know...but well we're all a little eccentric at times
Old Dec 15th 2015, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

on a more serious note, i understand what you all are on about; and so i will re-think the tree altogether.
Old Dec 15th 2015, 10:28 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

no, not in my luggage...I intend to ship it....it was only the beriies i thought of bringing in with my luggae ...daft, I know...but well we're all a little eccentric at times
I bought a new Dyson to bring over with me. Never considered a christmas tree. Good luck with the move.