Reload this Page >

Shipping a cat (NZ)

Shipping a cat (NZ)

Old Apr 30th 2003, 9:40 am
Just Joined

davieshm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping a cat (NZ)

Hi

Has anyone shipped their cat to NZ. I won`t leave mine behind but am concerned about doing it to her and the cost of it? If anyone can give me some personal views on this I would be grateful.

Thanks
Old Apr 30th 2003, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

gowie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping a cat (NZ)

Originally posted by davieshm
Hi

Has anyone shipped their cat to NZ. I won`t leave mine behind but am concerned about doing it to her and the cost of it? If anyone can give me some personal views on this I would be grateful.

Thanks
We are taking our two cats to Rotorua south of Auckland on the 16th May 03. We are using Pet Travel Services in Dumfermline in Scotland. Cost is £1088, bearing in mind that one of the cats is the size of a west highland terrier Then they are staying with Qualified Pet Services in Auckland for a week to get them settled. Any other info give us a shout.
Old Apr 30th 2003, 10:55 am
Just Joined

davieshm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by gowie
We are taking our two cats to Rotorua south of Auckland on the 16th May 03. We are using Pet Travel Services in Dumfermline in Scotland. Cost is £1088, bearing in mind that one of the cats is the size of a west highland terrier Then they are staying with Qualified Pet Services in Auckland for a week to get them settled. Any other info give us a shout.
Thanks for the info. I assume the Pet Travel Service did all the organising of flights, paperwork and import licences etc?
Can you let me know how your cats coped with the move?

If you`re shipping your cats , are you shipping all your household items? I have got several estimates from companies but was hoping to get info off people who have done the move (are doing the move) as to who they used and how much it cost.

Hope your move goes well.

Thanks
Holly
Old Apr 30th 2003, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by davieshm
Hi

Thanks
Hi, just had a quote through from - www.airpets.com - Uk to Dunedin for £738. Seems to include all necessary documents, tests etc. Seems reasonable to me as it's one less headache out the way.
We've no real concerns regarding taking him, sure the flight won't be much fun but at least he won't need to go into quarantine.
Regarding household stuff, we're taking our Triumph Stag in a sole use container for around £1200. This is through Karmann Shipping. They also said we could fit in as many other boxes as possible for a bit more, perhaps building a frame around the car.
Not bringing much so it's not worth us using a packing service.

Anyway, have a look at the airpets site, fill out some details & they'll send you a quote.

Gra...
Old May 26th 2003, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

xpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nice
Default shipping a cat

We flew our cat to auckland 16 months ago and she was fine when we picked her up - she didn't stop purring for a month !
We used Golden Arrow Shippers tel: 01588 680 240 and found them very informed and helpfull - they also collected her from our house in Bristol and transported her to the airport in London