Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping Car over?

Shipping Car over?

Old Feb 8th 2009, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

suzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nice
Question Shipping Car over?

Hi

We're considering shipping over our car as the car's in Oz seem really expensive, and I wondered how much people paid to have their car shipped, what the total costs were and what size container it was.

Any info would be appreciated
Old Feb 8th 2009, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of
Default Re: Shipping Car over?

Just type in shipping car to aus!!

I know aus cars are expensive,but alone it would cost £4k to ship my vw T5 over!

Just sell it and take the plunge..........Unless its a means alot to you,or you have a few K's knocking around

What car is it and year?

jase
Old Feb 8th 2009, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

suzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nice

Its a ford focus 1.8 zetec year 2000. I was looking on the net before and there was a Nissan Micra 1998 for $5000! I couldn't believe it! If you ship a car you get a do you get a full container? we could ship all our other stuff aswell and save money that way if so
Old Feb 8th 2009, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

Do a search, specifically for a thread by BigApe. This has been discussed loads - general consensus is that it doesn't make sense unless you have a classic/special car.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

grays is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cookiestar
Do a search, specifically for a thread by BigApe. This has been discussed loads - general consensus is that it doesn't make sense unless you have a classic/special car.
Have a look here :

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=Import
Old Feb 8th 2009, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of

It is a pity it is so expensive...and it is confusing too....
I have imported a car from Japan and it only cost me about £1500.
That is including Roll-on-Roll-Off shipping, taxes, duty, number plates and first registration fee in UK and de-registration in Japan, conversion Km to Miles and addition of a UK fog light (aabsentfrom Domestic Japanese cars)...
I would love to take it to Oz though...but everyone on this site puts you off!
Has anyone ever done it cheaply for an older car, Uk to Oz.
My car is worth about £1000-£2000 now in the UK but they go for $19,000 in Oz...same age!
HKA
x