Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping from Canada to Australia

Shipping from Canada to Australia

Old Jul 16th 2010, 11:50 am
24Dec2009:175 - Got Visa

apnavsari is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping from Canada to Australia

What would be the best shipping company to use for shipping stuff from Montreal to Australia. Cheap, reliable and easy to use. If any one has used one then please share your experience or send me a PM.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 1:43 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Shipping from Canada to Australia

When we moved we didn't ship anything. There are a few Canadians on here that did though. I believe Dorothy used Allied if I remember correctly (it's been a while!). Hopefully someone will be along soon.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

We used Starline Overseas, but I'm not sure if they have an office out east. We shipped about 70 boxes. They were okay, a couple of dishes broken, nothing major. Just make sure you pack according to AQIS guidelines and you should be okay...well, as much as one can be with AQIS Cheap is another issue...we didn't find any bargain prices when shipping from Canada...some of the posters on here have shipped entire containers from Britain for about what we paid to send our boxes to Australia in a shared container.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Toronto, Canada - Darwin NT - Newcastle NSW - Toronto - Townsville QLD - Brisbane - Toronto
paularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud of

We used Global International from Toronto, they are based just north of Toronto, so I don't know if they have an office in Montreal. We brought pretty much everything ie. furniture, kitchen stuff, etc

Do a search online and call 3-4 of them to come in and give quotes, thats how I did it and thats how I found the mover I chose.

Few things broken, took longer than what I was told or had hoped. In total took 4.5 months for stuff to get here.
Old Jul 18th 2010, 12:39 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by apnavsari
What would be the best shipping company to use for shipping stuff from Montreal to Australia. Cheap, reliable and easy to use. If any one has used one then please share your experience or send me a PM.
Have a read of this web site before you choose any one....
www.movingscam.com/theTrueStory.shtml.....
Go to message boards , click on international moves , and start reading >
WARNING !! This site is not for the faint hearted.......MM
Old Jul 19th 2010, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

Tina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to behold

I used Brytor when I had been relocated and lived in Canada and then used them to move to Australia. They have an office in Dollard-des-Ormeaux. Great service and the rate was very competitive.