Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping...but I have no address to go to :-(

Wikiposts

Shipping...but I have no address to go to :-(

Old Nov 20th 2005, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough
Default Shipping...but I have no address to go to :-(

Evenin/Mornin all....

Just been looking at sorting out shipping as we are due to fly out in March 2006 (finally!) and have been looking at removal companies, we are only shipping about 12 tea chest boxes.

Decided on seven seas but have only just realised....when talking about the packaging it states to put your name and destination address, we dont have a destination address and unfortunately our friends in Oz will probably have moved by the time our stuff arrives! surely this happens regularly so what do people usually do?

Any help much appreciated.

Ta very much.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 5:14 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping...but I have no address to go to :-(

Sorry....I cant help...just interested in the replies...
Old Nov 20th 2005, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MrFlibbleUK
Evenin/Mornin all....

Just been looking at sorting out shipping as we are due to fly out in March 2006 (finally!) and have been looking at removal companies, we are only shipping about 12 tea chest boxes.

Decided on seven seas but have only just realised....when talking about the packaging it states to put your name and destination address, we dont have a destination address and unfortunately our friends in Oz will probably have moved by the time our stuff arrives! surely this happens regularly so what do people usually do?

Ta very much.
We're just about to sign up with our shippers and I'm presuming that I can put my brother's Gold Coast address for the time being. What do other people do that don't have anybody in Oz? Michelle
Old Nov 20th 2005, 6:20 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Evenin/Mornin all....

Ta very much.
We've not got anyone at the other end, shippers told us we could provide a hotel address
Old Nov 20th 2005, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

We used Allied Pickfords and we didn't provide an address! They stuck numbered labels on everything with our surname and 'Australia' written on! We contacted them from this end once we had an address - no problems at all.
Ruth
Old Nov 25th 2005, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Ransi
Sorry....I cant help...just interested in the replies...
Spoke to seven seas and they say as long as we put some address in Oz on it that would be fine and that we can change the destination address at any time free of charge until it lands at the port in Oz (by which time we should be in Oz and can give our rental address).

..and another point...I thought tea chests were big wooden boxes with Tea written on the side and a lid with big rope handles that is nailed shut...what do we get...cardboard boxes....I've seen Raiders of the Lost Ark....I know my rights!
Old Nov 25th 2005, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Evenin/Mornin all....

Ta very much.

We were advised to put on our temporary holiday accommodation address. We're only there for 10 days upon our arrival. Hopefully, we'll have sort out a rental house & notify the shipping company of that address & let them know that is where we want our stuff delivered.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 10:11 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

We had accomodation booked for 2 months so used that address. Then as soon as we moved into our own place, I emailed them the details - 5 days later our stuff arrived
Old Nov 25th 2005, 10:30 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Spoke to seven seas and they say as long as we put some address in Oz on it that would be fine and that we can change the destination address at any time free of charge until it lands at the port in Oz (by which time we should be in Oz and can give our rental address).

..and another point...I thought tea chests were big wooden boxes with Tea written on the side and a lid with big rope handles that is nailed shut...what do we get...cardboard boxes....I've seen Raiders of the Lost Ark....I know my rights!
Don't start
Old Nov 25th 2005, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SalSa
Don't start
...As if
Old Nov 26th 2005, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

suzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant future

Evenin/Mornin all....

Ta very much.

I, too, was wondering about this. But now the question has been answered! Incidentally how much did seven seas quote you for your 12 boxes? I am getting quotes from excess baggage and allied pickfords shortly. Not taking furniture.
Old Nov 26th 2005, 5:21 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Evenin/Mornin all....

Ta very much.
When your stuff arrives in Aust it will be placed in a Bond store, the import coordinator of that company,will act as your agent.
She/he will be responsible for clearing your goods through customs an Aqis, this is the address that you need to know.
Ask your shipper who they are using in Aust and use that as your Address......mm
Old Nov 28th 2005, 1:25 am
Just Joined

OOOIwannagosoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Evenin/Mornin all....

Ta very much.

Be careful with 7Seas. I heard they have a false bond. They are being investigated.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OOOIwannagosoon
Be careful with 7Seas. I heard they have a false bond. They are being investigated.
Eeek! your kidding!
Old Nov 28th 2005, 4:54 am
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Eeek! your kidding!
That's got you sweating

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.