Reload this Page >

Shipping books to Oz

Shipping books to Oz

Old Feb 26th 2004, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

scitta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping books to Oz

Hi,

Would love to know if anyone has successfully shipped books to Australia. We have a whole load of encyclopaedias, novels, cookery books, etc. and want to take them with us. Tried checking on the AQIS site, but nothing came up. Are they subject to quarantine?

Any ideas would be helpful.

Sarah
Old Feb 26th 2004, 6:40 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Shipping books to Oz

Originally posted by scitta
Hi,

Would love to know if anyone has successfully shipped books to Australia. We have a whole load of encyclopaedias, novels, cookery books, etc. and want to take them with us. Tried checking on the AQIS site, but nothing came up. Are they subject to quarantine?

Any ideas would be helpful.

Sarah
I brought books over, they were just treated as normal shipping.

Old Feb 26th 2004, 8:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Shipped several boxes of them, and AQIS didn't open any. All arrived in as good a condition as they left in!
Old Feb 27th 2004, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

scitta is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks ABC Diamond and Pollyana for your replies.

Sarah
Old Feb 27th 2004, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

I brought lots of boxes of books & a good job too as they are so expensive here. For a new novel you can expect to pay $20-30 and even though there are lots of book exchanges these second hand novels can also be pricey, I paid $12 last week for a fairly recently published second hand book. If you're an avid reader - bring lots with you or join the library!

Loopy