Shipping Bikes

Old Dec 31st 2004, 5:55 am
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Shipping Bikes

We had five bikes shipped with PSS back in October. Husband cleaned and disinfected them (he states very thoroughly). Had a call from PSS agents in Melbourne today, all bikes have been failed by customs. The have to be steam cleaned at at cost of $500, or if we don't want that, they will destroy them for $500. As they already have our credit card details they can just debit the amount. I guess we have to pay to have them cleaned - it would be more expensive to replace five bikes. This will add further to the delay in getting our stuff, its so frustrating!

Any one thinking of shipping bikes - scrub, disinfect and steam clean them before leaving or sell them and buy more in Oz. All our bikes are fairly new and have only been used on pavements and cycle paths etc in UK, so what they have found on them is anyones guess. When PSS packed them in UK they said they looked fine.

Happy New Year everyone.

Mel
Old Dec 31st 2004, 6:12 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Bikes

Originally Posted by melibeam
We had five bikes shipped with PSS back in October. Husband cleaned and disinfected them (he states very thoroughly). Had a call from PSS agents in Melbourne today, all bikes have been failed by customs. The have to be steam cleaned at at cost of $500, or if we don't want that, they will destroy them for $500. As they already have our credit card details they can just debit the amount. I guess we have to pay to have them cleaned - it would be more expensive to replace five bikes. This will add further to the delay in getting our stuff, its so frustrating!

Any one thinking of shipping bikes - scrub, disinfect and steam clean them before leaving or sell them and buy more in Oz. All our bikes are fairly new and have only been used on pavements and cycle paths etc in UK, so what they have found on them is anyones guess. When PSS packed them in UK they said they looked fine.

Happy New Year everyone.

Mel
customs have NO say in this matter AQIS would be who you are dealing with, what is the contamination , that has caused the problem..???..... mm
Old Dec 31st 2004, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
customs have NO say in this matter AQIS would be who you are dealing with, what is the contamination , that has caused the problem..???..... mm
Thanks for that, agent on the phone said bikes had failed customs clearance, don't know what the contamination is and can't phone until Tue to find out now. Probably won't make any difference though.
Old Dec 31st 2004, 11:43 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by melibeam
Thanks for that, agent on the phone said bikes had failed customs clearance, don't know what the contamination is and can't phone until Tue to find out now. Probably won't make any difference though.
I suspect it may have been traces of mud on the rubber of the tyres.
Intertesting to find out what they say.

Bye
Mark
Old Dec 31st 2004, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Druid is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by markeh
I suspect it may have been traces of mud on the rubber of the tyres.
Intertesting to find out what they say.

Bye
Mark
Its all a con, they get a cut out of some bod with a jet wash, 10 minutes worth of jet wash for $500.00 !!!!
Old Jan 1st 2005, 12:25 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Druid
Its all a con, they get a cut out of some bod with a jet wash, 10 minutes worth of jet wash for $500.00 !!!!
I agree!
100% con.
They let my dirty garden hose with europeamn spiders and earwigs still intact! As my wife says, they won't stand a chance against the mammoth Australian insects!
Our vacuum cleaner got through too!
Anyway, we shipped two bikes too! Both cleaned!
One giot through, the other has disappeared! insurance claim pending.
AQIS stopped some Christmas decorations. Apparently pine cones are dangerous (maybe if swallowed!). However, some decorations with pine cones got through along with our 50 yr old nativity scene with old European hay!
AQIS allowed my shovels and spades to come through (I cleaned but not too well) but stopped my 3 year olds trike only ever used indoors!
The list goes on...........
The funniest is my tool box. They gave me my tools but wanted to disinfect my "plastic" tool box. I asked them what for but they do not enter into small talk like that!
It is all a con

Does this make me a whinging pom?

Andrew
Old Jan 1st 2005, 4:03 am
I AM 1 PERSON-UNDERSTAND?

SherKhan66 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Superior
What kind of fruitcake takes all that shit with him when he goes to start a new life in a new country? You sell it all and buy new!!!
Troll
Old Jan 1st 2005, 4:23 am
Cheeky

Sorry to interupt....but I am sure diggin yer avatar, ooooh .....groan (turning me right on! )

QUOTE=SherKhan66]Troll [/QUOTE]

Old Jan 1st 2005, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Cheeky
Sorry to interupt....but I am sure diggin yer avatar, ooooh .....groan (turning me right on! )

QUOTE=SherKhan66]Troll
[/QUOTE]

This is the second time I've posted. Assume avatar is the picture and it's really cute. Was really surprised that hubbie had a cute piccie here. I'd have expected him to have something like a can of beer or a bottle of wine or something else bloke-ish
I guess you like pandas as the pic is turning you on? (I prefer David Beckham myself!)

Kim
Old Jan 1st 2005, 5:21 am
Cheeky

Sorry luv.......David Beckham really doesnt do it for me......not into blonde haired men meself but hey...each to there own.. Wouldnt do for us all to like the same...

Cheeky
xx

This is the second time I've posted. Assume avatar is the picture and it's really cute. Was really surprised that hubbie had a cute piccie here. I'd have expected him to have something like a can of beer or a bottle of wine or something else bloke-ish
I guess you like pandas as the pic is turning you on? (I prefer David Beckham myself!)

Kim[/QUOTE]

Old Jan 1st 2005, 5:24 am
Cheeky

Still turns me on though......Im off to bed need to give my man some lurvin.......meow!............phowar!...he has the cutest fu8kin butt...always turns me on.

Old Jan 1st 2005, 5:25 am

Sorry luv.......David Beckham really doesnt do it for me......not into blonde haired men meself but hey...each to there own.. Wouldnt do for us all to like the same...

Cheeky
xx

Kim
[/QUOTE]

Hi Cheeky

How can you not like David Beckham - have you see his body? The only other person (other than hubbie of course) who's as good looking as him is Colin Firth. He's not blonde! Must say though that David Beckham is only cute when he's NOT speaking!

Kim
Old Jan 1st 2005, 5:31 am
Cheeky

Have I see or is that 'seen' David Beckhams body... ...prefer my hubbys tbh..

Robbie Williams....now you are talking.

I like men who have a little bit of weight behind their thrust..if ya know what I mean! Oooeeerrr!

Cheeky!

Hi Cheeky

How can you not like David Beckham - have you see his body? The only other person (other than hubbie of course) who's as good looking as him is Colin Firth. He's not blonde! Must say though that David Beckham is only cute when he's NOT speaking!

Kim[/QUOTE]

Old Jan 1st 2005, 5:39 am

Have I see or is that 'seen' David Beckhams body... ...prefer my hubbys tbh..

Robbie Williams....now you are talking.

I like men who have a little bit of weight behind their thrust..if ya know what I mean! Oooeeerrr!

Cheeky!

Hi Cheeky

Kim
[/QUOTE]

There is something about Robbie Williams I agree. I think it's the sexy grin!

Sorry about the typo in the last post.

Kim
Old Jan 1st 2005, 5:44 am
Cheeky

Sexy looks as well!

I would show him mine.... ...if he showed me his of course......

Loved the RockDJ video...I digged those tiger keks he was wearing....think I need a cold shower now! lol!

There is something about Robbie Williams I agree. I think it's the sexy grin!

Sorry about the typo in the last post.

Kim[/QUOTE]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.