Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping bags 'n' boxes

Shipping bags 'n' boxes

Old Jan 4th 2004, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

ABoulton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping bags 'n' boxes

After a great flight with Singapore Airlines, we are now enjoying the start of our adventure in Melbourne. Despite weighing in 50Kg's over at Heathrow, we still had to leave stuff behind at the last minute. (Singapore did not charge us given it was New Years Eve!)

This begs the question, who to use to ship boxes and the odd holdall from the UK to Oz? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Andy
Old Jan 4th 2004, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Bumping up to the top, as we only have boxes to ship too. No full house for us!
Old Jan 4th 2004, 9:41 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Pickfords will ship as little as one box. I would be interested to hear if there is any others, as my hubby will want to ship about 7 boxes if he decides to join us in Aus
Old Jan 4th 2004, 11:18 pm
Just Joined

glasgowbird is an unknown quantity at this point

I am planning to use an organisation called Seven Seas - I picked it up from some international students I know. They do mostly clothes and smaller personal items. They quoted me just over £200 for three boxes of weight 40Kgs - that includes delivery and collection of boxes outside M25 (pah!) and customs inspection charges etc - though that could be higher if more boxes. Addittional 40kg boxes cost £45 and delivery time (door to door) is 9 weeks (don't know if thats good or bad) Insurance optional extra

Tel 0800 216698
Old Jan 4th 2004, 11:27 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by glasgowbird
I am planning to use an organisation called Seven Seas - I picked it up from some international students I know. They do mostly clothes and smaller personal items. They quoted me just over £200 for three boxes of weight 40Kgs - that includes delivery and collection of boxes outside M25 (pah!) and customs inspection charges etc - though that could be higher if more boxes. Addittional 40kg boxes cost £45 and delivery time (door to door) is 9 weeks (don't know if thats good or bad) Insurance optional extra

Tel 0800 216698
Do some searches and you will find I had a bad experience with them.
Old Jan 4th 2004, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

glasgowbird is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh dear - you got any alternative suggestions?
Old Jan 4th 2004, 11:45 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Pollyana tried ALS who stuffed her up. I have heard of the excess baggage company so try a search on them.

With my case it could have been the Australian agent that was the culprit but Seven Seas customer service was lacking and lying.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 6:45 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I sent a box of last minute stuff from Heathrow with Excess Baggage & they were OK.(as well as the stuff with ALS/Anglo Pacific) The box that came air freight with Excess Baggage got a bit battered, but I think that was the airline's handling to be fair. I'd send stuff with them again (unlike the other 2 companies mentioned....who still can't tell me where 3 of my boxes are! )