Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping arrangements

Shipping arrangements

Old Jan 6th 2007, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

November11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the rough
Default Shipping arrangements

Could anyone give me a rough idea of when I should begin to contact shippers for quotes?

We are flying out mid August.
Old Jan 6th 2007, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

RubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really nice
Default Re: Shipping arrangements

Hi,

I asked the same question a few days ago...........our house went on the market yesterday and I wondered whether I should approach shippers now OR when the sale has been agreed.

Some people said "go for it now", others mentioned the fact that some shippers impose validity periods on their quotes (30, 60, 90 days).

I'd suggest ringing around and asking the advice of the shippers., ie "is it worth you coming out now 'cause I'm not going until August".....

I intend ringing shippers as soon as we get some interest in the house so that I can get them around here and - initially - find out if I need a full or part container.

Cheers
Old Jan 6th 2007, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

bluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to all

Originally Posted by RubyPearl
Hi,

I asked the same question a few days ago...........our house went on the market yesterday and I wondered whether I should approach shippers now OR when the sale has been agreed.

Some people said "go for it now", others mentioned the fact that some shippers impose validity periods on their quotes (30, 60, 90 days).

I'd suggest ringing around and asking the advice of the shippers., ie "is it worth you coming out now 'cause I'm not going until August".....

I intend ringing shippers as soon as we get some interest in the house so that I can get them around here and - initially - find out if I need a full or part container.

Cheers
Please feel free to Browse Our Website or email me :

[email protected]

Will be only too happy to help you out.
Old Jan 6th 2007, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluenico

[email protected]

Is that your business then??? will give you a shout for a quote if thats ok??
Old Jan 6th 2007, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

RubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really nice

[email protected]

Anyone used this lot them?

I almost feel obliged to give the some business 'cause City need all the help they can get!!!

Chris........would your firm visit Cumbria for a quote or do you send a list and ask it to be filled-in?

Thanks for the offer.

Regards
Old Jan 6th 2007, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

bluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to all

Originally Posted by RubyPearl
Anyone used this lot them?

I almost feel obliged to give the some business 'cause City need all the help they can get!!!

Chris........would your firm visit Cumbria for a quote or do you send a list and ask it to be filled-in?

Thanks for the offer.

Regards
Hi Guys, Just let us know your requirements - Wont really need to Visit your home at all really.

We can prepare quotations Based on Info you supply.

FYI - If we ever get the Visa, I am Setting up The business in Australia too !

Please feel free to Browse the site !

Best Regards

Chris
Old Jan 6th 2007, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys, Just let us know your requirements - Wont really need to Visit your home at all really.

We can prepare quotations Based on Info you supply.

FYI - If we ever get the Visa, I am Setting up The business in Australia too !

Please feel free to Browse the site !

Best Regards

Chris
sent you an email Chris x
Old Jan 6th 2007, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
sent you an email Chris x
Great - Will Organise Answer on Monday Morning - when I am In Office !

Happy to help and advise - even if you dont end up using Us