Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping again, but not shipping much

Shipping again, but not shipping much

Old May 23rd 2005, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping again, but not shipping much

There are countless threads on here asking for info/guidance on who to get quotes from for shipping so I thought I would start another one, why the hell not?

We have sold our 3 bed house along with all of our furniture and moved into rented accomodation. As such we will only be shipping personal effects, books, clothes and bits and pieces. All in all we only have about 20 boxes of stuff to send to Oz which is a little depressing as it represents our whole lives. I've taken a look at www.sevenseas.co.uk whic looks great if you are sending up to about 10 boxes or so but above that it gets a little expensive.

Can anyone recommend a shipper who is economical and efficient when dealing with part loads?
Old May 23rd 2005, 10:37 am

NKSK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping again, but not shipping much

Originally Posted by Steve&Clare
There are countless threads on here asking for info/guidance on who to get quotes from for shipping so I thought I would start another one, why the hell not?

We have sold our 3 bed house along with all of our furniture and moved into rented accomodation. As such we will only be shipping personal effects, books, clothes and bits and pieces. All in all we only have about 20 boxes of stuff to send to Oz which is a little depressing as it represents our whole lives. I've taken a look at www.sevenseas.co.uk whic looks great if you are sending up to about 10 boxes or so but above that it gets a little expensive.

Can anyone recommend a shipper who is economical and efficient when dealing with part loads?

We are using (due today) PSS who quoted around £1000 for 200 cu ft (about 40 boxes of varying sizes).
Old May 23rd 2005, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NKSK
We are using (due today) PSS who quoted around £1000 for 200 cu ft (about 40 boxes of varying sizes).
thats a great quote...i was quoted for 8 cu ft £1400+ cant remember their name for now...
Old May 23rd 2005, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Leaver is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Steve2438
thats a great quote...i was quoted for 8 cu ft £1400+ cant remember their name for now...
I think that this is a normal quote! Yours is a dreadful quote unless it is by air.

Of course it may all go belly up - the packers have just left!
Old May 23rd 2005, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just got an email from Doree Bonner quoting £855 for 150 cu ft

is that good?
Old May 23rd 2005, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

Leaver is on a distinguished road

I've just got an email from Doree Bonner quoting £855 for 150 cu ft

is that good?

You can work it out on a cost per cubic foot. It is just about in line with ours. We did provide most of our packing materials though.
Old May 24th 2005, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

I've just had a quote of £405 from cargobookers for 3 cubic metre of stuff but that only includes collection in the Uk and shipping to Perth. Does anyone have any idea of what the costs are Perth end? I guess this will include customs clearance etc. It's a good prie but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle of having to organise it myself
Old May 24th 2005, 8:45 pm

NKSK is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just had a quote of £405 from cargobookers for 3 cubic metre of stuff but that only includes collection in the Uk and shipping to Perth. Does anyone have any idea of what the costs are Perth end? I guess this will include customs clearance etc. It's a good prie but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle of having to organise it myself
Customs - probably between £50 and £100 depending on volume.

Most companies quote door to door so this should be your only additional costs.