Shipping

Old Aug 3rd 2010, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

emma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to behold
Default Shipping

Apologies as i am sure this has been asked time and time again, But just wanted some feedback. Just arranged for Anglo Pacific, PSS, White & Co, Robinsons and Pickfords to come and give us quotes. Anyone used any of these and what did you think of them?
Thanks, Emma.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

emma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Shipping

ooops, sorry, just realised i have posted this here! Can someone move it?
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 10:36 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Try John Mason too.

BB
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

We've used Doree Bonner. I can only tell you so far how helpful, etc the packers were as our stuff is on route at the moment. We had several prices from various companies & they price matched & seemed the most helpful when they came out to quote.

Alison x
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 11:15 pm
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Try John Mason too.

BB
Will comment on these properly when our stuff arrives on Friday! We chose JM over 4 others because they were most willing to offer a competitive quote and were happy to give us loads of info before we eventually decided to give them our business. They have been efficient and speedy through all their communications both in the UK and while we have been in our temporary accommodation while in Australia. The packers were fab in the UK but we will know whether we made the right decision on Friday ...... can't wait to see my furniture but feeling a little nervous too
Old Aug 4th 2010, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by myrtle1
Will comment on these properly when our stuff arrives on Friday! We chose JM over 4 others because they were most willing to offer a competitive quote and were happy to give us loads of info before we eventually decided to give them our business. They have been efficient and speedy through all their communications both in the UK and while we have been in our temporary accommodation while in Australia. The packers were fab in the UK but we will know whether we made the right decision on Friday ...... can't wait to see my furniture but feeling a little nervous too
I hear it's meant to be a bit like Christmas when your stuff arrives

Our stuff has only been gone 3 weeks & I'm already desperate to see it all again. I want my breadmaker, microwave & Henry back & the really really sad thing is I miss my ironing board

Alison x
Old Aug 4th 2010, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

What were the other companies you got quotes from?
Emma
Old Aug 4th 2010, 10:53 pm
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by emma75
What were the other companies you got quotes from?
Emma
Not sure if you meant me or Alison ....... but in total, we had John Mason, Pickfords, Crown, Doree Bonner and White & Co.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

snurse42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we had quotes from Pickfords, PSS, Brittania and another but can't remember the name now we went with Pickfords who did knock the price down for us once all the other quotes were in and we were really pleased with the service. We used full pack and unpack and not a single thing was broken, all the guys at both houses were courteous and helpful. I would go with them again if ever needed. It took 9 weeks house to house for the stuff to arrive. Good luck, Sonia
Old Aug 5th 2010, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by myrtle1
Not sure if you meant me or Alison ....... but in total, we had John Mason, Pickfords, Crown, Doree Bonner and White & Co.
I wondered as well

We had quotes from Doree (who we used), Pickfords, Crown & another one who I can't for the life of me remember.

We were really surprised after what we'd read on here that Pickfords wouldn't negotiate on their quote at all. Both Doree & Pickfords ended up at the same price (Doree matched Pickfords) & their services were very much like for like. I preferred the rep from Doree, hubby liked the guy from Pickfords. The only main difference between them was Doree offered up to 6 weeks free storage in Oz once our stuff arrived if we didn't have a house sorted which is what swung the decision in the end.

Alison x
Old Aug 9th 2010, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

So far had Pickfords round and Anglo Pacific. Just got our first quote in for £3990 for a 20ft container from Southampton to Sydney. Just wondering if they will all be similiar? Are most willing price match? Was not convinced by Pickfords, The man said there was no way we would fit everything in a 20ft Very different ideas too as to what we could take.
Emma
Old Aug 9th 2010, 12:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by emma75
So far had Pickfords round and Anglo Pacific. Just got our first quote in for £3990 for a 20ft container from Southampton to Sydney. Just wondering if they will all be similiar? Are most willing price match? Was not convinced by Pickfords, The man said there was no way we would fit everything in a 20ft Very different ideas too as to what we could take.
Emma
Hi Emma

Only just managed to get online - have issues with internet access as in a new house here. Of our 5 quotes, they ranged in price from £3,200 to £4,200 as did the cubic measurements - from 750 to 950! To be honest, I was surprised that so few of the major players even bothered to chase up the initial appointment - they didn't seem that bothered in getting my custom - IMO! In our case, Doree Bonner and John Mason were the only ones who kept in touch and offered free advice upfront. These two were both willing to negotiate where the others hardly bothered. One major player took 3 months to even bother to chase up the initial call! In the end I went on gut feeling and chose John Mason. Our furniture arrived Friday - within the week they said at the outset. Their pre-move service was excellent as was the packing etc in the UK. They use Wridgeways in Brisbane and again the service was excellent. The office kept in touch with me throughout and I never needed to chase them at any point. The removal lads in Australia were fantastic - we couldn't believe anyone could be quite so chirpy while they were working There was no damage, nothing missing and we were over the moon with the whole service - we would highly recommend them