shipping?

Old Feb 19th 2008, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

ukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of light
Default shipping?

i have my visa now. And i have booked our flights for 1 june. I only have a des items to ship. No furniture. But kids toys. Dvds. And some tools. Battery drills etc. Whats the best. Cheapest way to send this stuff. And should i be at all worried about my tools needing to be treated. They have only been used in building work. Not agriculture
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:06 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: shipping?

Originally Posted by ukdarren22
i have my visa now. And i have booked our flights for 1 june. I only have a des items to ship. No furniture. But kids toys. Dvds. And some tools. Battery drills etc. Whats the best. Cheapest way to send this stuff. And should i be at all worried about my tools needing to be treated. They have only been used in building work. Not agriculture
have a look at, sharing a container or freight flights.

as for the drill, it is best to give it a wipe and a spray with WD-40. Looks after the drills and smells clean if customs do decide to open up the boxes.

sharing space in a container my be the best option for you. Call up various companies and ask for a few quotes.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Like yourself we don't plan on shipping furniture etc over. I plan on using these guys when we finally move over. About 10 tea chest should do it for us.

http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/1_instant_quote.aspx

I was at an exhibition last year and the chap from careline told me that a part container would be roughly 3k. This seems excessive for knick knacks and toys etc.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mairead
Like yourself we don't plan on shipping furniture etc over. I plan on using these guys when we finally move over. About 10 tea chest should do it for us.

http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/1_instant_quote.aspx

I was at an exhibition last year and the chap from careline told me that a part container would be roughly 3k. This seems excessive for knick knacks and toys etc.
thanks. Yeah that does seem very excessive
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Steve Lawson has a spectacular aura aboutSteve Lawson has a spectacular aura aboutSteve Lawson has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ukdarren22
thanks. Yeah that does seem very excessive
A full 20ft container is about 3K - a part contr is based on the space you use. 20 boxes will be about 500-800
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Steve Lawson has a spectacular aura aboutSteve Lawson has a spectacular aura aboutSteve Lawson has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Steve Lawson
A full 20ft container is about 3K - a part contr is based on the space you use. 20 boxes will be about 500-800
and 10 tea chests (use boxes though) about 400 quid
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

That 3k I was quoted was in euros
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mind you no harm in getting another quote from a different company. I nearly dropped to the floor when he said 3k!!!
Old Feb 20th 2008, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

steve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the rough

We just paid £3300 for a 20ft container with PSS recommended by Aussie government (It was £3100 to share one so we paid £200 for our own).

Was a Very good service, they turn up and do all the packing for you so no stress.

One thing to watch though - insurance is extra and is 2.5% of the value of the items you want to send (you can pick and choose what items you want to insure).

Hope this helps !
Old Feb 20th 2008, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve_uk
We just paid £3300 for a 20ft container with PSS recommended by Aussie government (It was £3100 to share one so we paid £200 for our own).

Was a Very good service, they turn up and do all the packing for you so no stress.

One thing to watch though - insurance is extra and is 2.5% of the value of the items you want to send (you can pick and choose what items you want to insure).

Hope this helps !
that strange calculation can happen when you have about a half of a container, 500-600 cuft! if you have 10 tea chests it will not apply to you a sole-use container can cost just GBP 1,500 depending on your location and needs...
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

steve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the rough

I know, I found it weird that there was a £200 difference.

We got a quote from another company just to compare and they came back with £4500 for a full container.

The £3300 we paid was for a full house move from South Wales to Melbourne - 3 guys spent two days packing everything in our house onto the container.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

I know, I found it weird that there was a £200 difference.

We got a quote from another company just to compare and they came back with £4500 for a full container.

The £3300 we paid was for a full house move from South Wales to Melbourne - 3 guys spent two days packing everything in our house onto the container.
Thats about the right price for a 2 day pack and a sole-use container to Melbne.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Steve Lawson
Thats about the right price for a 2 day pack and a sole-use container to Melbne.
Mind you, customs clearance and delivery will be extra! -that's worth grand!
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

lol have to laugh, found out today that we already have a $400 custom bill waiting for us in Oz!

Thats good as the boat with our container doesn't even leave Southhamton until tomorrow!
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

lol have to laugh, found out today that we already have a $400 custom bill waiting for us in Oz!

Thats good as the boat with our container doesn't even leave Southhamton until tomorrow!
A lot of shipping firms will include the customs clearance fee in their quote, as this is a fixed amount. What cannot be paid in advance is the AQS fee (Quarantine) - that varies depending on how much stuff they treat/destroy and has to be paid once the goods arrive in Aus.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.