shipping

Old Apr 27th 2004, 5:12 pm
edmund

Default shipping

Hi all
Just received our first quote for shipping all our worldly possessions door to door from deepest Suffolk to near Newcastle in NSW.
Total volume was given as 460cu feet & the quote was £2400(excl insurance)
Just wondered if this is reasonable?

Old Apr 27th 2004, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Dilly's is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure about technicality of cubic feet, but we have 20ft container (fits our contents from3 bedroom house), and this is from Newbury to Brisbane and cost was £3000 plus insurance.

Quote was with PSS and from my own experiences they seem generally one of the cheapest and feedback seems ok.

Good luck with the move

Paul
Old Apr 27th 2004, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point

got a qoute at the mo from John mason for 470 cft for 1850 with 2.6% insurance....

scott
Old Apr 27th 2004, 6:55 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by scottalison6
got a qoute at the mo from John mason for 470 cft for 1850 with 2.6% insurance....

scott

http://www.lettonpercival.co.uk/contact.html

Don't get ripped off with that insurance - we are paying 1.5% with these guys thanks to someone on here - Ian I think who posted the link. You don't have to take out their insurance - although they certainly make it sound like you do!

Max
Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of
Default Re: shipping

Originally posted by edmund
Hi all
Just received our first quote for shipping all our worldly possessions door to door from deepest Suffolk to near Newcastle in NSW.
Total volume was given as 460cu feet & the quote was £2400(excl insurance)
Just wondered if this is reasonable?

Sounds excessive to me - got quotes for 500 cu ft for around £2K mark.
Old Apr 27th 2004, 9:14 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by maxpaxx
http://www.lettonpercival.co.uk/contact.html

Don't get ripped off with that insurance - we are paying 1.5% with these guys thanks to someone on here - Ian I think who posted the link. You don't have to take out their insurance - although they certainly make it sound like you do!

Max
We took out this insurance, too. And if you ask they will make it door to door instead of just container for no extra cost (well they did with me but I am bit mean when it comes to paying for things!)

Also - I am presuming that the rep came and looked at your stuff to get that size estimate? I only ask cos ours was an estimate done off a list we sent them (no time for a visit) and the actual volume came in half of the estimated volume.

We got some dosh back though.