Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

shipping an 11kg package to OZ?

shipping an 11kg package to OZ?

Old Jun 1st 2007, 9:26 am
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future
Default shipping an 11kg package to OZ?

I need to get a spare part delivered from a UK supplier. It weighs 11kgs.

Any ideas on a cheap courier to use? I've been looking online, and there are 100's so I figured I try to narrow it down based on shared experiences.

FedEx wanted 178 pounds!
Old Jun 1st 2007, 10:24 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shipping an 11kg package to OZ?

Originally Posted by adriang

Any ideas on a cheap courier to use? I've been looking online, and there are 100's so I figured I try to narrow it down based on shared experiences.

FedEx wanted 178 pounds!
DHL would be another reputable carrier. The cost though seems reasonable for the weight/distance. Depends on how urgent you want it as to the mode of transport used/cost. If you want it urgently that means they will have to air freight it and that will cost more. Surface will be cheaper but may take months.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 4:47 am
Just Joined

Robbie Boy has a spectacular aura aboutRobbie Boy has a spectacular aura aboutRobbie Boy has a spectacular aura about

Hi,
I have just shipped a 15kg package with Transglobal Express this week. It was picked up from a UK address on Tuesday 29th May and is due to arrive on 4.6.07 at Melbourne airport. I sent it uninsured and it cost £107.
I dont know how long it will take to clear customs or charges though.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 7:35 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

I shipped just over 15kg in March. I think and it cost me 109 pounds with Parcel force (Royal Mail) . Turned up in just six days. This included some insurance.

They have pretty good on line details and it was a 15 min job in the post office.

Best of luck
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Gothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant future

hi

just watching this thread, as I also need to send something over. Curious how much to ship it, as don't need it urgently.

Thanks

Gothchick
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by adriang

FedEx wanted 178 pounds!
I just typed in 12kg into www.interparcel.com and the price ranged from £79.00 upto £86.00 - this is using reputable carriers such as DHL. We used interparcel to send our visa documents and they work out much cheaper.

Good luck

Galba