Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shippers - Interdean Interconex

Shippers - Interdean Interconex

Old Apr 24th 2005, 9:02 am
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough
Default Shippers - Interdean Interconex

I was at a seminar yesterday and heard a presentation from Interdean Interconex. I was very impressed and they are one of the worlds largest shippers/removal companies - but I've never heard of them! Just wondering if anybody out there had heard of them or had any experience of using them. Apparently they moved over 30000 people (or there possessions!) last year to other countries.
Any feedback would be appreciated!
Carolyn
Old Apr 24th 2005, 9:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shippers - Interdean Interconex

Originally Posted by NAC
I was at a seminar yesterday and heard a presentation from Interdean Interconex. I was very impressed and they are one of the worlds largest shippers/removal companies - but I've never heard of them! Just wondering if anybody out there had heard of them or had any experience of using them. Apparently they moved over 30000 people (or there possessions!) last year to other countries.
Any feedback would be appreciated!
Carolyn
http://www.interdeaninterconex.com
Their website seems to claim they do a lot of Eastern European stuff......andAustralia comes back as "country not known"!! Not one to choose, methinks!!
Old Apr 24th 2005, 10:35 am
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
http://www.interdeaninterconex.com
Their website seems to claim they do a lot of Eastern European stuff......andAustralia comes back as "country not known"!! Not one to choose, methinks!!
Hi Pollyana, I noticed that too! It was just that they are recommended by my agent and their info does seem very professional. The guy yesterday said they have partners in Australia but maybe they themselves don't have a specific office or contact? If I could just hear from someone in Oz who has used them I would feel happier - our agent has had several people use them but they obviously don't use this forum
Carolyn
Old Apr 24th 2005, 1:16 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like they would subcontract the shipping to someone else - and then an Aussie agent takes over this end. I used a lousy company in Sussex who told me they shipped to Aus, but they didn't - in fact they shipped to Tilbury, where the goods were handed to ***** ******** (who were equally lousy)
Personally, if I was doing it again, I would use one of the big companies mentioned on the forum, that deals with the stuff themselves, start to finish.