Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

shippers are here

Wikiposts

shippers are here

Old May 23rd 2005, 4:44 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shippers are here

Originally Posted by scissors
hi fraser,
we have to get out of the house on friday butwe re not going till the 30th june,staying with friends till then.
we ve gone with PSS and so far they have ben good,arrived half an hour earlier than expected which is better than being late and were very efficient with the packing,and not afraid to ask for more tea....and biccys

Bloody hell I hope they have a big house or you may not still be freinds when you leave
Old May 23rd 2005, 4:46 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vanessa
Hi Scissors, best of luck for the move. Our packers are coming next Tuesday 31st and complete on the 1st. Just found out that the husband is not around on either day and step-son has exams so it is all down to me - how bad is it!!!?

Hello Vanessa, who did you end up using, if you don't mind me asking
Old May 23rd 2005, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Scissors, best of luck for the move. Our packers are coming next Tuesday 31st and complete on the 1st. Just found out that the husband is not around on either day and step-son has exams so it is all down to me - how bad is it!!!?
Hi vanessa
actually today was a dodle for me,they come in and just take over,i didnt have to do anything except make tea and supervise what was to go and what was nt,it really wouldnt be worth the 2 of you being there
Old May 23rd 2005, 4:54 am

Hi vanessa
actually today was a dodle for me,they come in and just take over,i didnt have to do anything except make tea and supervise what was to go and what was nt,it really wouldnt be worth the 2 of you being there

Tracey did you get more than one quote and if so was it just the price which made you choose pss
Old May 23rd 2005, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi chris,i know what you mena i was rather supriesd,but i was up bright and early...good thing eh ...anyway i guess its better than hanging about waiting

and fraser their house isnt huge but we re all out to work all day so it ll just be the evenings and i think we ll be doing alot of visiting just so s we dont get under their feet
Old May 23rd 2005, 5:04 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fraser
Hello Vanessa, who did you end up using, if you don't mind me asking

Hi Fraser, We are using a company called Stirling Corporate Relocation. We only had 2 quotes and the other one was from Team Relocations and after seeing them on here we told our relocation agents not to use them! How are things going with you?
Old May 23rd 2005, 5:05 am

Hi vanessa
My problem is that we complete on the 1st as well!!!!!
Old May 23rd 2005, 5:07 am

Hi Fraser, We are using a company called Stirling Corporate Relocation. We only had 2 quotes and the other one was from Team Relocations and after seeing them on here we told our relocation agents not to use them! How are things going with you?

Good thanks Vanessa we hope to be in Melbourne by early september so get the Chardonay chilled
Old May 23rd 2005, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Tracey did you get more than one quote and if so was it just the price which made you choose pss
we have 5 quotes altogether and it came down to Pss and crown,crown were £800 more expensive,we would have paid that but they didnt seem to be offering anymore for the money,and when i rang PSS they were extremely helpful, answering all my questions to,that kinda swung it for us
Old May 23rd 2005, 5:10 am

Good thanks Vanessa we hope to be in Melbourne by early september so get the Chardonay chilled
Not terribly keen on Chardonnay but could offer a nice cold sherry with tapas!!!! or a bottle of Merlot
Old May 23rd 2005, 5:17 am

Not terribly keen on Chardonnay but could offer a nice cold sherry with tapas!!!! or a bottle of Merlot

Ooh lovely I do love a bit of tapas
Old May 23rd 2005, 5:19 am

we have 5 quotes altogether and it came down to Pss and crown,crown were £800 more expensive,we would have paid that but they didnt seem to be offering anymore for the money,and when i rang PSS they were extremely helpful, answering all my questions to,that kinda swung it for us

Who were the other three and why did it come down to those two, sorry for so many questions
Old May 23rd 2005, 6:13 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats interesting Tracey! For our 2 bedroom house, Crown came out cheaper than PSS - Crown INCLUDE the 195 pound AQIS fee in their quote whereas PSS don't and you would have to pay that in Oz (Its the Australian Quarantine and inspection fee and cost of cleaning the shipping containers as they arrive in the Oz port)
We also informed PSS that Crown were offering us 6 weeks free storage in the UK and they came back and never offered any free storage!

Overall I was unimpressed - just shows you how different two areas can be. Have heard good things about them though.

Best of luck with the big move,
Lynn
Old May 23rd 2005, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Who were the other three and why did it come down to those two, sorry for so many questions
we had winchester,who really talked themselves out of the deal avvalon and global,cant remember which one now but one was 1200 more than we ended up paying.
Old May 23rd 2005, 6:51 am

we had winchester,who really talked themselves out of the deal avvalon and global,cant remember which one now but one was 1200 more than we ended up paying.

Cheers Tracey I think I'll get a quote from pss and John Mason, we're not taking that much furniture just the beds and four sofa's and my tools, the tele,stereo
and washing machine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.