Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Shippers have left with everything..

The Shippers have left with everything..

Old Jul 15th 2005, 3:51 pm
Living the dream.

The MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant future
Default The Shippers have left with everything..

:scared: Everything apart from a laptop, router and a blow up bed or two This is soo scary and means we are DEFINATELY on our way soon We had Crown in to do the move and they were very professional..let's hope it continues. Anyway just wanted to post as its quite an event and needed to tell everyone...God I hate Laptop keyboards

Few quiet beers tonight methinks..

Dave ,Tina and Jnr rattling about in an empty house for the next few weeks :scared:
Old Jul 15th 2005, 7:45 pm
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all
Default Re: The Shippers have left with everything..

Originally Posted by The MCs
:scared: Everything apart from a laptop, router and a blow up bed or two This is soo scary and means we are DEFINATELY on our way soon We had Crown in to do the move and they were very professional..let's hope it continues. Anyway just wanted to post as its quite an event and needed to tell everyone...God I hate Laptop keyboards

Dave ,Tina and Jnr rattling about in an empty house for the next few weeks :scared:
We know the feeling, PSS for us very professional so far!

Stu
Old Jul 15th 2005, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

CheekyWeetus will become famous soon enough

Everything apart from a laptop, router and a blow up bed or two This is soo scary and means we are DEFINATELY on our way soon We had Crown in to do the move and they were very professional..let's hope it continues. Anyway just wanted to post as its quite an event and needed to tell everyone...God I hate Laptop keyboards

We just had movers around for quotes the other night and that was exciting enough, cant imagine what our place is going to be like when our stuff is packed up

Incidentally, we had requested Crown (via email) to provide a quote, they recognised our domain from the email address and phoned our companies HR department to find out if it was a corporate move :scared:

Our HR Manager phoned my wife wanting to know what the "furniture to Brissie" thing was all about!!

Needless to say, Crown will not be moving our stuff

glad to hear they are working out for you though.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

[QUOTE=The MCs]:scared: Everything apart from a laptop, router and a blow up bed or two This is soo scary and means we are DEFINATELY on our way soon We had Crown in to do the move and they were very professional..let's hope it continues. Anyway just wanted to post as its quite an event and needed to tell everyone...God I hate Laptop keyboards

It's a great feeling isn't it! Although the whole blowup bed thing really got to me after a while!! I LOVE my bed, and boy did I suffer without it! Isn't it wierd when all your 'stuff' just isn't there anymore!? When you get reunited it's like Christmas, and heaps of fun...and hard work!

Re. Crown, I posted a thread saying how excellent they were, and how we were impressed with them at both ends (edinburgh and Brissy). However there was some confusion with box numbers upon delivery, and they took note of it. ie we had one missing. Long story short, we had to chase them up repeatedly to confirm they didn't have said box and chase them up again once we'd put our claim in. All sorted now, but I guess it's when it goes wrong that a company either impresses or doesn't.

I would still consider using them again. Enjoy your blow ups.....beds that is!
Old Jul 15th 2005, 10:26 pm
Living the dream.

The MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant future

We have managed to borrow a double bed and a single from our neighbours ..therefore the blow up bed has now become a settee in the front room. This, hopefully means that our next few weeks will be a bit more comfortable Our next door neighbours have been great and invited us around for a curry and a few beers tonight which meant we sat on real sofas The lady across the close from us stopped my wife when she came home and gave her a good luck card and a bottle of Red wine.. Blimey!! they must all be soo chuffed to see us going Personally I think they will miss our quick whit and repartis

Dave
Old Jul 17th 2005, 8:23 pm
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

As per the MC's, everything has gone and we've got a borrowed sofa, fridge, beds (for us and the kids), bedding, basic kitchen utensils, lawnmower!!!!

Our friends and colleagues have been wonderful and will make the next six weeks a lot more comfortable. So, it all seems very real now. Neither of us had any real concerns as the container disappeared around the corner. We are looking forward now to be able to relax for the time we have left in the UK and getting geared up for our new life in Oz!!!

Lorraine
Old Jul 17th 2005, 8:25 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

We're still with the inlaws so when Crown took all our stuff (apart from this laptop - I also hate laptop keyboards), we just robbed a TV off our nephew and still have a just about habitable room.
Old Jul 17th 2005, 8:26 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CheekyWeetus
Incidentally, we had requested Crown (via email) to provide a quote, they recognised our domain from the email address and phoned our companies HR department to find out if it was a corporate move :scared:

Our HR Manager phoned my wife wanting to know what the "furniture to Brissie" thing was all about!!

Needless to say, Crown will not be moving our stuff
I don't blame you! I must say though that they have been good with us so far. I'll keep you posted about the rest of the journey
Old Jul 17th 2005, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Dave ,Tina and Jnr rattling about in an empty house for the next few weeks red

All the best I bet it feels really strange!!! we`ve not got long and are now using Crown, had a small disagreement with PSS so changed to Crown...must say they have been very helpful so far.

Good luck
Sue
Old Jul 17th 2005, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

leonard has a brilliant futureleonard has a brilliant futureleonard has a brilliant futureleonard has a brilliant futureleonard has a brilliant futureleonard has a brilliant future

We are using Allied Pickfords and have got the first week in September booked. We intend to live with my parents for 3 months (Doh!, love them dearly, but living there again with 2 kids?).
Best of luck.

Martin
Old Jul 17th 2005, 9:01 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by leonard
We are using Allied Pickfords and have got the first week in September booked. We intend to live with my parents for 3 months (Doh!, love them dearly, but living there again with 2 kids?).
Best of luck.

Martin
Think yourself lucky. We've been here nearly 9 months now
Old Jul 17th 2005, 9:04 pm
Hants to Mel Aug 05

We used PSS ans have been very pleased with them. Got Crown to do a quote and they were £750 more than PSS!!! Needless to say that's why we didn't use Crown. Would recommend PSS to anyone.

Lorraine
Old Jul 18th 2005, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

TracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lindsay Clan
We know the feeling, PSS for us very professional so far!

Stu
Hi Stu, Lorraine and family,

We too are using PSS booked for 10 August. Whereabouts in Hampshire do you live? We live on the Surrey/Hampshire border and are moving to Melbourne (Berwick) in November. Where in Melbourne are you going to?

Tracy
Old Jul 18th 2005, 5:55 pm
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Originally Posted by TracyAnne
Hi Stu, Lorraine and family,

We too are using PSS booked for 10 August. Whereabouts in Hampshire do you live? We live on the Surrey/Hampshire border and are moving to Melbourne (Berwick) in November. Where in Melbourne are you going to?

Tracy

Hi Tracey

Good luck with your move on the 10th. PSS were excellent and the lads they sent were very good and we had a laugh with them which helped the day go even smoother. We fed and watered them (it was very hot) and they did a good job.

We live in Bordon which is not far from you (I noticed your sign on bit said Frimley, I had my youngest daughter in the hospital there). We don't know which area we're off to as yet and will be having a good look around when we get there on 28th Aug. Why have you chosen Berwick?

Are you going to the south coast meet through Expats this Sunday?

Look forward to your reply.

Lorraine
Old Jul 18th 2005, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

You are so lucky, im praying for that day , just need a buyer for the house now......

Good luck, all the very best to you for the future,

Paula.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.