Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The shippers have been and the whole day has been a nightmare

The shippers have been and the whole day has been a nightmare

Old Oct 21st 2005, 8:48 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Angry The shippers have been and the whole day has been a nightmare

Were do I begin, we were supposed to come over to Point cook at 12pm pick up the key. But optus had different plans they texted us yesterday to confirm a morning appointment which we'd already cancelled and rearanged for the afternoon whem we'd be there.

We phoned them up only to be told that if we didn't keep the appointment it would be a minimum of ten working days before they'd connect us.

So we had to leave our place at 6am leaving behind our bond.

On the way here we went past our block which has a whole cocrete house slab broken up and dumped on it for some reason.

We arrive at the house the whole lawn is covered with broken glass.

Our furniture then arrives three of our leather settees arms are dented in where they've had stuff stacked on them and the others feet are missing.

All our towells bed sheets etc have gone and they're not even on our intinery so we're buggered for getting them back.

Oh and they broke the already battered bunkbeds while puting them together.

Oh and I've just found out I can't get broadband at my new address.

I'm well and truly fucked off and I wish somthing would go smoothly for a change.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 8:50 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The shippers have been and the whole day has been a nightmare

Originally Posted by fraser
Were do I begin, we were supposed to come over to Point cook at 12pm pick up the key. But optus had different plans they texted us yesterday to confirm a morning appointment which we'd already cancelled and rearanged for the afternoon whem we'd be there.

We phoned them up only to be told that if we didn't keep the appointment it would be a minimum of ten working days before they'd connect us.

On the way here we went past our block which has a whole cocrete house slab broken up and dumped on it for some reason.

Our furniture then arrives three of our leather settees arms are dented in where they've had stuff stacked on them and the others feet are missing.

All our towells bed sheets etc have gone and they're not even on our intinery so we're buggered for getting them back.

I'm well and truly fucked off and I wish somthing would go smoothly for a change.

Oh no! errr... was this shipping oz to oz or uk to oz?
Old Oct 21st 2005, 8:52 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Shit thats a BAD DAY !!!!!

Hope tomorrow goes better

Steve and 5 cane toads in the drainpipes
Old Oct 21st 2005, 8:53 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry that it has been so shitty for you mate. Who are you renting the house from? Can they not come and sort out the broken glass? Not much fun when you've got two young kids running around, I know.

Which shipper did you use? Was it PSS and did you have sole container or shared use? Bloody disgusting that they treat peoples belongings like that. Do you feel as if it were the shippers of the customs? I can't understand why your linen was not on your itinery. Somebody needs taking to task over this! Tried to send you some karma just yesterday and it wouldn't let me but I will try again.

Anne
Old Oct 21st 2005, 8:53 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Oh no! errr... was this shipping oz to oz or uk to oz?
Uk to Oz
Old Oct 21st 2005, 8:55 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no, I really hope things get better for you. Please excuse me if I am asking something stupid, but was your stuff loaded only once, or did it get loaded, unloaded and re-loaded kinda thing. What I really want to know I suppose is if it was the guys this end that damaged you stuff, and made some stuff disappear, or the guys that end?

Shirley
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
I'm sorry that it has been so shitty for you mate. Who are you renting the house from? Can they not come and sort out the broken glass? Not much fun when you've got two young kids running around, I know.

Which shipper did you use? Was it PSS and did you have sole container or shared use? Bloody disgusting that they treat peoples belongings like that. Do you feel as if it were the shippers of the customs? I can't understand why your linen was not on your itinery. Somebody needs taking to task over this! Tried to send you some karma just yesterday and it wouldn't let me but I will try again.

Anne
It was PSS the guys who delivered it said they could see they weren't righ the minute they took them off the container
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Will you still be able to get your bond back?
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

Hi

sorry to hear about your day!

Thought it was PSS as soon as I started reading - have you checked inside the boxed stuff for your towells and bedding? They used our towells and bedding (lots of it brand new) as packaging around waxed furniture, etc. Besides making some of it disappear!

& that was just for starters!!!

gd
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by hilary6
Will you still be able to get your bond back?

Yeah not a problem. The glass was ok as well as they sorted it out.

We've had it for today we have no food in our massive new 560 litre fridge or beer

Rachel's just gone to the chippy and the bottle shop.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope things are better tomorrow
you'll be ready for a few about now !
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:27 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Happy days then Fraser, know what you mean about shitty days, we have just won the lottery last Wednesday, bummer.

Take care

Rich
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:28 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Happy days then Fraser, know what you mean about shitty days, we have just won the lottery last Wednesday, bummer.

Take care

Rich
Oh, and then I woke up!
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Oh, and then I woke up!
PMSL
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:35 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah not a problem. The glass was ok as well as they sorted it out.

We've had it for today we have no food in our massive new 560 litre fridge or beer

Rachel's just gone to the chippy and the bottle shop.

oh dear fraser, hope things start to improve for you.....

can rachel get me a bottle of rum while shes out? i have a stinking cold and need some in my coffee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.