Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The shippers have been.......

The shippers have been.......

Old May 18th 2004, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default The shippers have been.......

Well..yes..they have......but only for a quote!

Today we had Doree Bonner 'round, was very impressed by them, but then they are our first, have got Brittania coming next week, Robinsons too.

The Doree 'fella seemed very professional, helpful, knowledgable etc and I was pleased with his visit, but theres one small thing bugging me.......

Anyone heard about this so called 'maritime' insurance?

Apparently, you insure your belongings to the value you think is appropriate ( fair enough ) and then there is a FURTHER insurance....it covers incase the ship goes down and according to 'ancient international law ', if it goes down, then WE as the 'employers' - if you like - of the ship have a responsibility to fork out for the cost of the ship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we don't take out the insurance and the ship does go down then the shippers would seek reccompense from us because - and I quote - " they would say, well, why was the ship there on the ocean in the first place? - because you employed it to ship your belongings ".

Is this a MAD, MAD world we live in or what? Aren't the shipping companies already insured, themselves, against that kind of disaster? Or are we just being ripped off for a few extra £????

Any comments greatfully accepted!