Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

shippers Any recommends and tips

shippers Any recommends and tips

Old Jun 2nd 2005, 1:30 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: shippers Any recommends and tips

Good luck with it all

Ang & Tich[/QUOTE]

I hope this was a spelling error..... rather than you given away any misfortunes

boomie

xx
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 3:31 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW we used Crown. They were the most expensive but then matched PSS. They were also the most accurate in volume estimate.

Unfortunately they were not good in Australia, They were difficult to contact, double charged us for insurance (only repaid when I got in touch with london), would not unpack although we'd paid for that and smashed our stuff around quite a bit. We had to make an insurance claim for some $4000+, about 25 things broken through sheer mishandling. The insurance WAS paid within a week, but we were not at all impressed.

Didn't make it any easier that I had wanted to use PSS after reading forum posts, but Mrs Rog said she wanted Crown since she liked the lady estimator. I think that when we move back to the UK *I* will choose!
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The other problem with using small local firms - as I discovered - is that they usually subcontract out the actual shipping. So although you book with them, your shipping will be done by one of the larger international firms - in my case I booked with a Sussex form, and then discovered that they handed the stuff over to ***** ******** to be shipped, without informing me.
Better off booking with someone more well-known, then you know who has your goods from start to finish.

Oh no! I didn`t realize that ...thanks! its out of Crown & PSS now...cheers

Sue
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rog Williams
FWIW we used Crown. They were the most expensive but then matched PSS. They were also the most accurate in volume estimate.

Unfortunately they were not good in Australia, They were difficult to contact, double charged us for insurance (only repaid when I got in touch with london), would not unpack although we'd paid for that and smashed our stuff around quite a bit. We had to make an insurance claim for some $4000+, about 25 things broken through sheer mishandling. The insurance WAS paid within a week, but we were not at all impressed.

Didn't make it any easier that I had wanted to use PSS after reading forum posts, but Mrs Rog said she wanted Crown since she liked the lady estimator. I think that when we move back to the UK *I* will choose!

Well... thats that then PSS it is, cheers for info.

PSS have had some very good posts on here...will give them a call and book it today

Cheers Sue
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 8:17 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomie
Good luck with it all

Ang & Tich

I hope this was a spelling error..... rather than you given away any misfortunes

boomie

xx[/QUOTE]

Yep it was a typo... it was late and I was knackered....no misfortune here
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

Cheers everyone these are just the sort of replies i was looking for.I know a whole lot more about shipping than i did 24 hours ago

dave
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Hey you how ya doing, getting all sorted I bet.... hows the sale of the house coming on? Has the survey been done yet?

Haev you booked your flights yet then, when you going.... could we meet you before you go. Perhaps at the pub....let us know before you go won't you.

Good luck with it all

Ang & Tich

Hi you two,

The house sale is moving, the guy is pushing to get the survey done soon as so thats down to his surveyer i suppose.We are going to book flights when we get some sort of completion date.
As for getting together before we go we,d love to we had hoped we could see some of the gang before the small life changing move

dave