Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipped box - prohibited items

Shipped box - prohibited items

Old Dec 15th 2016, 9:49 am
Just Joined

lizzieq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipped box - prohibited items

Just been bacon uk for a visit, hurt back so had to ship luggage back.
Am being told by shipping company that Cadburys chocolate & body lotion (both packaged, unopened and from high street shops) cannot be shipped as prohibited.
Is this really so? Seems absurd
Old Dec 15th 2016, 10:28 am
Just Joined

Default re: Shipped box - prohibited items

Spell check not working!
This box is being shipped by air, so guessing it's a security risk. Who knew a bar of chocolate and some body lotion could cause a risk
Old Dec 15th 2016, 1:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzieq
Spell check not working!
This box is being shipped by air, so guessing it's a security risk. Who knew a bar of chocolate and some body lotion could cause a risk
Rubbish. They are both fine and can be shipped perfectly normally My sister has just sent me some Boots stuff, and some UK chocolate for Christmas as usual and its arrived fine - been doing it for years
Old Dec 15th 2016, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Just declare them it will be fine. Shippers can be over cautious sometimes!

Ours told us we couldn't ship down duvets, they were wrong only untreated ' raw' feathers are prohibited.

Now oranges...................
Old Dec 16th 2016, 5:41 am
Just Joined

Shippers are telling me that aviation law bans these from being sent unaccompanied. As they are Christmas treats am very disappointed and wish I'd put them in my carry-on. But as I am now back in Oz and my box is still in uk (although they quoted a 7-10 day door to door service and box was picked up 11 days ago), not much I can do about it.
Have put them on the list for Customs but never thought it would be an issue with flying them.
Old Dec 16th 2016, 7:49 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Shippers are telling me that aviation law bans these from being sent unaccompanied. As they are Christmas treats am very disappointed and wish I'd put them in my carry-on. But as I am now back in Oz and my box is still in uk (although they quoted a 7-10 day door to door service and box was picked up 11 days ago), not much I can do about it.
Have put them on the list for Customs but never thought it would be an issue with flying them.
When I emigrated I sent enough Boots stuff to last me 5 years. I have a regular supply of UK chocolate sent by airmail. When flying into Aus now they are so unconcerned about chocolate that its not even something that needs declaring, and body lotion has never been declarable. Shippers are notorious for hedging their bets and saying no if they cannot be bothered to check.

Get someone to send you the stuff by post. Simples If you don't have anyone there who can post it let me know and I'll get my niece to do it!
Old Dec 16th 2016, 10:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
When I emigrated I sent enough Boots stuff to last me 5 years. I have a regular supply of UK chocolate sent by airmail. When flying into Aus now they are so unconcerned about chocolate that its not even something that needs declaring, and body lotion has never been declarable. Shippers are notorious for hedging their bets and saying no if they cannot be bothered to check.

Get someone to send you the stuff by post. Simples If you don't have anyone there who can post it let me know and I'll get my niece to do it!
That's a generous offer but I'll ask my daughter to do it when the items are sent back to her from shipping company. What or who, have you found the most economic way of sending items?
Old Dec 16th 2016, 5:41 pm
Home and Happy

That's a generous offer but I'll ask my daughter to do it when the items are sent back to her from shipping company. What or who, have you found the most economic way of sending items?
we just use the Royal Mail usually. Though in the ast I've sent both items n quantity wth other stuff via Anglo Pacific, Seven Seas, Excess Baggage Co and DHL as air freight!

Out of interest which bunch of pillocks reckons chocolate is too risky to fy?
Old Dec 16th 2016, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
we just use the Royal Mail usually. Though in the ast I've sent both items n quantity wth other stuff via Anglo Pacific, Seven Seas, Excess Baggage Co and DHL as air freight!

Out of interest which bunch of pillocks reckons chocolate is too risky to fy?
Anglo Pacific. Who we used successfully when we moved to Oz - one of the reasons I went with them.
They've sent me a photo of what they've taken out of box - chocolate, body lotion, hand cream, cold sore cream - and nappy cream (for my grandson, not me!). Totally beyond my comprehension but apparently it's the agents they use........... Never again.
Old Dec 16th 2016, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

Anglo Pacific. Who we used successfully when we moved to Oz - one of the reasons I went with them.
They've sent me a photo of what they've taken out of box - chocolate, body lotion, hand cream, cold sore cream - and nappy cream (for my grandson, not me!). Totally beyond my comprehension but apparently it's the agents they use........... Never again.
Or maybe just not declare it on form!!!
Old Dec 17th 2016, 4:08 am
Home and Happy

Have to say they are a company I would never touch again as long as I live, shipped my stuff when i emigrated and it was one long nightmare. However the one box I got them to send by air did have food in it, and it had some Body Shop stuff
Looks like they are as disorganised as ever. Whether its them or an 'agent' refusing to carry the stuff they should have given you the info upfront. They should also have ensured they could accept the contents when they took delivery/collected the box.
Old Dec 18th 2016, 10:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipped box - prohibited items

Spell check not working!
Fixed heading.