Shipment query

Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

YvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really nice
Default Shipment query

Evening!

We have a potential "concern" regarding our shipment. The packers were in a couple of weeks ago and took our stuff away. We have been told from day dot that our shipment would take anywhere from 10 to 16 weeks to get to Australia. This was always ok with us as we are planning to leave on or around 30th September. Now we have been told that our stuff is on it's way and is expected to be there on 18th September!! I was under the impression that we have to be in Australia for our shipment arriving - that's really not likely as my OH has a big job to finish. I emailed our shipping agent but she can only tell me that she is awaiting a reply from someone in Sydney as to whether or not it's true that we have to be there before the shipment.

Sorry that's so long winded. Basically my query is whether or not we have to be there before our stuff arrives. My OH has to discuss this possible change of plan with his customer.

I hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance.

Yvonne x
Old Aug 11th 2008, 7:15 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipment query

You don't have to be there before the shipment. But if you're not there (and/or not in a position to receive your stuff), your shippers will put it into storage and charge you for it.

Before your stuff was taken by your shippers you would have completed form B534 - Unaccompanied Effects Statement. That has fields for your actual or intended address in Australia and your actual or estimated date of arrival. That's all customs and AQIS need to know.

If your shippers forgot to give you the form, your shipment can't clear AQIS/customs. It's not a big problem: your shippers will contact you and ask you to complete the form. But you will want to do this quickly, because customs/AQIS charge (high) fees for shipments that they have to store because they can't clear them (this kind of fee is seperate from the storage fees your shippers will charge you for storing your stuff after it's cleared customs/AQIS).

Gina