Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sherwood - Brisbane pre-school

Sherwood - Brisbane pre-school

Old Jul 31st 2009, 4:12 am
Just Joined

karenpar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sherwood - Brisbane pre-school

We are going to be heading to Sherwood - late August. Does anyone have children in pre school there or know anything about the pre-schools.
We have seen the ABC but interested in any comments / recommendations
Thanks
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 12:47 am
Just Joined

karenpar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sherwood - Brisbane pre-school

Thought id try a bump
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 2:06 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

There are a number of centres in the area, including in the surrounding suburbs of Corinda, Oxley, Graceville and Chelmer. Our son goes to Sherwood Forest Childcare Centre and loves it.

Most have a long wait list so it is worth applying to multiple places ASAP otherwise you will find it very difficult to get a place. PM me if you want some more details.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 3:13 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

The C&K centres are generally very good. I can't speak for all centres but my daughter went to one in Cleveland (just east of Brisbane) and it was fantastic.

The C&K's are far better than any kindy programs that are run through daycares (just my opinion though).

Unfortunatley they normally have a long waiting list, although you can get lucky. I would put your name down at a couple that are closest to you. At ours it was only $10 to go on the waiting list. We put her name down in October and she got in at the last minute in January (very lucky!).

http://candk.findnearest.com.au/findnearest.asp

I should not that these are generally for kids that turn 4 by Jun 30th, although some do have younger programs. Also.... it's not a daycare so they usually run only for school hours although some have after school care.