Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sheffield/south yorks meet up?

Wikiposts

Sheffield/south yorks meet up?

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 5:24 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sheffield/south yorks meet up?

Normal
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 5:44 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleopatra
We've already been to 1 meet and we still think you are all nuts.

think????

we've been to quite a few now ... never met a wierdo yet (apart from some mad woman who was texting me directions to the table in the pub )

seriously though, you get to meet some really nice people; read of the odd meet or 2 that have gone a bit tits up cos of personality clashes ... but one or two odd 'uns in 5 years aint bad
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 5:47 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

We've already been to 1 meet and we still think you are all nuts.
i enjoyed the last one ,

am looking forward to it
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 5:49 am

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
think????

we've been to quite a few now ... never met a wierdo yet (apart from some mad woman who was texting me directions to the table in the pub )

seriously though, you get to meet some really nice people; read of the odd meet or 2 that have gone a bit tits up cos of personality clashes ... but one or two odd 'uns in 5 years aint bad
I felt the chair leg vibrating - didnt think anything of it then realised it was my phone - just as I scrambled to get it out of my bag you shouted out

"I'm here ya muppet" or something similar.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Icarus
i enjoyed the last one ,

am looking forward to it
It was good that one. I'm looking forward to the next meet.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 3:44 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

we have another coming with us - met up with a friend from about 15 years ago, and him and his missus are planning to emigrate; he has a phone interview with a melbourne hospital on friday morning, so might be celebrating!

Old Jun 4th 2008, 9:07 am

Cant make it - somethings come up.

Sorry xx
Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:28 am

Cant make it - somethings come up.

Sorry xx

we need a note from your mum honey ...

hope its nothing bad ...

sue xx
Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:23 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

so how many we got Sue ?
Old Jun 11th 2008, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

TheRed will become famous soon enough

so how many we got Sue ?
We've managed to free up our time so count us in:
Me (Wayne)
My Wife (Karli)
Daughter (Lurrae)

Is it still 16:00 at the lock keepers?
Old Jun 12th 2008, 1:04 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by TheRed
We've managed to free up our time so count us in:
Me (Wayne)
My Wife (Karli)
Daughter (Lurrae)

Is it still 16:00 at the lock keepers?
so far as i am aware matey ,

be good to see you there
Old Jun 12th 2008, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to behold

hi all
we are still coming
can we have directions please
is it easier to get to from rotherham via the M1 or is there another way!

cheers

debbie
Old Jun 12th 2008, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by debbieuk
hi all
we are still coming
can we have directions please
is it easier to get to from rotherham via the M1 or is there another way!

cheers

debbie
I suppose it depends whereabouts in Rotherham you live but I would do the following:
take the M1 south to junction 29
A617 into Chesterfield straight to the roundabout at the bottom
A61 Heading toward Sheffield (basically right at roundabout, although 2 turnoffs appear to be right)
Next Roundabout you'll see a Tescos and the Lock keepers is the pub next to that, not sure how to et to it from that roundabout but it gets you in the right vacinity if nothing else.

See you there Saturday!!
Old Jun 12th 2008, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TheRed
I suppose it depends whereabouts in Rotherham you live but I would do the following:
take the M1 south to junction 29
A617 into Chesterfield straight to the roundabout at the bottom
A61 Heading toward Sheffield (basically right at roundabout, although 2 turnoffs appear to be right)
Next Roundabout you'll see a Tescos and the Lock keepers is the pub next to that, not sure how to et to it from that roundabout but it gets you in the right vacinity if nothing else.

See you there Saturday!!
Just looked on Google maps and do the following at the Tescos roundabout:

Turn into Tescos and do an immediate Left after the turn in and the Lock keepers is there
Old Jun 13th 2008, 7:19 pm

so how many we got Sue ?

erm ... quite a few I think!!!!

sorry, ive been working so not been online much lately ... but we will be there, and our friend jon is coming too if he can find it!!!
Is it tesco on the roundabout?? i thought it was sainsburys ... better text jon and tell him to look out for tesco, not sainsburys

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.