Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shaving (Your face!).....enough said!

View Poll Results: What type of razor do you use?
Gillette Mach3
29.27%
Gillette Mach3 Turbo
9.76%
Gillette M3Power
14.63%
Gillette Sensor Excel
4.88%
Schick Xtreme 3
0%
Schick Protector 3D Diamond
0%
Wilkinson Sword Quattro
7.32%
Some Form Of Disposable
4.88%
Some Form Of Electric
19.51%
Other (please name)
9.76%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Shaving (Your face!).....enough said!

Old Aug 18th 2005, 3:23 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shaving (Your face!).....enough said!

What a pain in the you know what!
It is one of the most annoying pointless things to have to do, (I know I could grow a beard, but without boring you with the obvious reasons, No thanks)

I use a Gillette Mach 3 Turbo (have tried many different ones) the cost of the bloody things is crazy (about $25 for 8 blades), I end up with a sore face most of the time, and It certainly isn't as smooth as a baby's ...

What brand/type do you use? See the poll.

And how many shaves do you get out of one blade before you have to change it?
At best I reckon I manage about a week on one blade.

Steve
Old Aug 18th 2005, 3:44 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shaving (Your face!).....enough said!

Have you tried the battery powered M3 vibrating one (ooer missus) it's bloody great compared to anything else.

If you have a sore face its more likely to do with the shaving foam - have you tried switching that? There are some good gel ones (i use gel - foam is bad for me) plus there are those oil ones which are scary because they're invisible so its like shaving without anything - like you have to really trust it !.

M3 vibrator-dooda lasts about 1 week with a blade.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 3:57 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
Have you tried the battery powered M3 vibrating one (ooer missus) it's bloody great compared to anything else.

If you have a sore face its more likely to do with the shaving foam - have you tried switching that? There are some good gel ones (i use gel - foam is bad for me) plus there are those oil ones which are scary because they're invisible so its like shaving without anything - like you have to really trust it !.

M3 vibrator-dooda lasts about 1 week with a blade.
Hi, Thanks for the info.
I havent tried one of the vibrating ones, I was going to ask for feedback on them but forgot, maybe i'll splash out on one
I also use a gel, I think its a sensitive skin one with Aloe Vera. Maybe I need to try some other brands. More $$$
Cheers
Steve
Old Aug 18th 2005, 4:50 am
Grumpy Old Woman!!

Moody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by steve99
Hi, Thanks for the info.
I havent tried one of the vibrating ones, I was going to ask for feedback on them but forgot, maybe i'll splash out on one
I also use a gel, I think its a sensitive skin one with Aloe Vera. Maybe I need to try some other brands. More $$$
Cheers
Steve

I bought hubby ones of those vibrating ones just recently - he said it was ok, nothing special. He was using a Mach III Turbo and the blades were sooo expensive but we found a little stall in the Karrinyup Swap Meet on Sun mornings that sell a pack of 8 for $12! (Or haggle them down to 2 for $22 like we did) They are new and they've always got them in a never ending supply so I'm sure they must be shop lifted from somewhere.

We were in Good Guys yesterday and hubby saw an electric razor (brand??) on sale and bought it for $45. He used to have one years agao and said elec ones were cr*p but he used this one last night and seems ok, of course the best bit is he can shave whilst watching the telly and I've got less mopping up in the bathroom to do!

MC
Old Aug 18th 2005, 5:43 am
Living in Perthection

Originally Posted by Moody Cow
I bought hubby ones of those vibrating ones just recently - he said it was ok, nothing special. He was using a Mach III Turbo and the blades were sooo expensive but we found a little stall in the Karrinyup Swap Meet on Sun mornings that sell a pack of 8 for $12! (Or haggle them down to 2 for $22 like we did)
MC
Thanks for that, i'll have to pop along and grab some, thats half price

I did have an electric one about 4 or 5 yrs ago, but always found it was good for certain parts of the face, but always used to rip into my kneck...Shame they dont do a try before you buy
Old Aug 18th 2005, 7:05 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Violent Femmes are sueing Gillette for ripping off their Blister in the Sun track on their ads.

I use my wife's pink Shick razors and they dont cut my face to ribbons like my "man's" razor.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 7:59 am
Living in Perthection

Originally Posted by renth
I use my wife's pink Shick razors and they dont cut my face to ribbons like my "man's" razor.
Ooooh, who knows where they've been nowhere you havent I suppose (sorry couldnt help it )
Old Aug 18th 2005, 8:08 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

I tried electric years ago and hated it. I had used the same Gillette Contour for years but it was confiscated at the airport as it was a deadly weapon, humph nobody move or I'll give you a baldy
Tried the Shlick jobbies and couldn't get on with them so Deb bought me a vibrating Mach 3 one. It's as good as the old Contour but really any Gillette is O.K. I hate the bloody lube strips they have on them now though they go all gunky after a while. Mine last a month or so as there's not much left to shave Oooer Madam just the bits either side of the beard.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 9:22 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I used a cutthroat when I was down in Tasmania
Old Aug 18th 2005, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

A man's thread, I know.

Ste shaves once a week - not because of a lack of male hair-growing-properties, but because he can't be arsed.

He has sensitive skin and no matter what razor he tries, all the same result - sore, dry skin. Bless him.

Have tried to persuade him to grow a beard and do away with the stress but nothing doing.

Anyone with ultra sensitive skin and a solution to it - be glad to hear it. Ste isn't the type to trawl the Clinique counter for a skin remedy!!!
Old Aug 18th 2005, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

flumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really nice

Hi

I use Gillette Mach 3 only get about 3-4 shaves before going in the bin. Try using Somersets shaving oil I've used it for years it's the best I've found for preventing razor burn but i do tend to use more than the 1-2 drops they recommend more like 8 drops still it does last quite long for such a small bottle. Used to get razor burn shaving every other day with gels and shaving foam now I shave every day no problem.

Flumpers Hubby
Old Aug 18th 2005, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steandleigh
A man's thread, I know.

Ste shaves once a week - not because of a lack of male hair-growing-properties, but because he can't be arsed.

He has sensitive skin and no matter what razor he tries, all the same result - sore, dry skin. Bless him.

Have tried to persuade him to grow a beard and do away with the stress but nothing doing.

Anyone with ultra sensitive skin and a solution to it - be glad to hear it. Ste isn't the type to trawl the Clinique counter for a skin remedy!!!

I had trouble with sensitive skin and a bad rash appearing. I got round it by using shaving oil rather than the shite foam or gel.

Seemed strange at firm, but gives a nice shave without discomfort.

I use the Tescos own hypoallergenic range, but I hear one of the most popular and widely used is King Of Shaves.

Try it, hope it helps. Im also using a WS Quattrom but I prefer my old Mach 3, but hey what about those prices!!! makes a grown man want to cry!
Old Aug 18th 2005, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manxfamily
I had trouble with sensitive skin and a bad rash appearing. I got round it by using shaving oil rather than the shite foam or gel.

Seemed strange at firm, but gives a nice shave without discomfort.

I use the Tescos own hypoallergenic range, but I hear one of the most popular and widely used is King Of Shaves.

Try it, hope it helps. Im also using a WS Quattrom but I prefer my old Mach 3, but hey what about those prices!!! makes a grown man want to cry!
Thanks for that!

Will def give the shaving oil a go for steevie!!!
Old Aug 18th 2005, 12:49 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

King of Shaves Gel for me. Didnt get on well with the oil. Found my razor kept clogging. I use the mach 3 and American Crew moisturisor gel aferwards. I prefer the mach 3 turbo blades but am alergic to the strip and come out in spots.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 1:09 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Just have an all over Brazilian mate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.