Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shark seen in Rockingham

Shark seen in Rockingham

Old Jan 15th 2004, 11:55 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Shark seen in Rockingham

To be more precise dead shark found in Ocean at Rockingham.

I heard a brief report on the news tonight that someone had reported seeing a shark in the ocean near Rockingham, but investigators couldn't find anything. Then later a dead shark was found.

Anyone know anymore?
Old Jan 15th 2004, 11:57 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shark seen in Rockingham

Originally posted by Jirrupin
To be more precise dead shark found in Ocean at Rockingham.

I heard a brief report on the news tonight that someone had reported seeing a shark in the ocean near Rockingham, but investigators couldn't find anything. Then later a dead shark was found.

Anyone know anymore?
was it this 1 ?????? just a thought
Attached Thumbnails Shark seen in Rockingham-sharkfishing.jpeg  
Old Jan 15th 2004, 12:32 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

There are always sharks out there.... I hope that`s not one of them though Timber

We were at Cottesloe a few years ago and a Great White was spotted offshore. About 30 mins earlier some seals were spotted in a bit of a panic and trying to get to the beach.... so keep an eye on any seals (don`t know where they came from though.... I never knew there were seals anywhere near perth.... maybe someone meant to say dolphins in a tizz).

As far as I`m concerned Sharks are ok.... it`s their sea and they very rarely attack humans anyway (unless they mistake them for seals).
Old Jan 15th 2004, 12:36 pm
Good to be back in UK

Originally posted by Stormz
As far as I`m concerned Sharks are ok.... it`s their sea and they very rarely attack humans anyway (unless they mistake them for seals).
Agreed
Old Jan 15th 2004, 12:40 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

There are always sharks out there.... I hope that`s not one of them though Timber

We were at Cottesloe a few years ago and a Great White was spotted offshore. About 30 mins earlier some seals were spotted in a bit of a panic and trying to get to the beach.... so keep an eye on any seals (don`t know where they came from though.... I never knew there were seals anywhere near perth.... maybe someone meant to say dolphins in a tizz).

if in doubt stay still they only get dizzy !
Attached Thumbnails Shark seen in Rockingham-shark.gif  
Old Jan 15th 2004, 12:50 pm
Go Banana's !!

Hi all,

When I went swimming with the Dolphin trip off Rockingham last April we swam with several seals as well as the dolphins ,fabulous experience. The instructors did say that they do see the occasional shark but it really is occasional.

Warren
Perth 2004....

Old Jan 15th 2004, 12:54 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

At least it was a dead shark....
Old Jan 15th 2004, 12:56 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by bundy
At least it was a dead shark....
Yes, but what got the shark ............!!!

Warren

Old Jan 15th 2004, 12:58 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
Yes, but what got the shark ............!!!

Warren
Blimey, didn't think of it like that
Old Jan 15th 2004, 1:15 pm
Good to be back in UK

Hi all,

When I went swimming with the Dolphin trip off Rockingham last April we swam with several seals as well as the dolphins ,fabulous experience. The instructors did say that they do see the occasional shark but it really is occasional.

Warren
Perth 2004....
We were talking to someone the other day who had met someone who was on the boat, when the woman ( months ago) was killed by a croc.

Apparently despite the warning signs the guide told them they would be okay swimming in the water
:scared: :scared:
Old Jan 15th 2004, 1:20 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

seals were spotted in a bit of a panic and trying to get to the beach.... so keep an eye on any seals (don`t know where they came from though.... I never knew there were seals anywhere near perth.... maybe someone meant to say dolphins in a tizz).

Agreed.

THere are seals and/or sea lions at Pinguin(?) Island, of the coast at Rockingham. We went there on a camp when we were staying at the camp school on some Point near Rockingham.

Jirrupin: geez! Stupid guide then! (understatement!!):scared:
Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:38 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

The instructors did say that they do see the occasional shark but it really is occasional.
Doesn't mean there aren't LOTS of sharks out there. Honest, the seas around Aus are positively teeming with sharks. Chocka. Just ask a fisherman or an experienced diver.

The sharks just aren't interested in you for dinner.

But still not a good idea to go swimming at sunup or sundown or after dark - anywhere around Australia or NZ for that matter.
Old Jan 16th 2004, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Doesn't mean there aren't LOTS of sharks out there. Honest, the seas around Aus are positively teeming with sharks. Chocka. Just ask a fisherman or an experienced diver.

The sharks just aren't interested in you for dinner.

But still not a good idea to go swimming at sunup or sundown or after dark - anywhere around Australia or NZ for that matter.
I watched a program on the Discovery channel about Sharks .. and you are right in your post there are lots of them
:lecture: ..........
Old Jan 16th 2004, 4:59 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

sharks in Aus?? never

Try this next time you have one of these meets with Mrs DB(for those in Brisbane).. if you want to catch a young whaler, have your meeting in the evening at top tide (run out tide is better) and take your fishing rods.. bait up with a live mullet (if you can't get a livie - a big slab (one whole fillet)of fresh tailor, or Mullet from the fresh fish shop in Manly will do) ... (P.S make sure you use wire traces) - right go along to the breakwall and fish into the channel, or go to the side of the yacht club and fish from there. ... one of you should strike it lucky and catch a small (around 4 foot)whaler or a hammerhead (plenty of small whalers around there this time of year) .

You will find sharks in any body of water here - it dosen't have to be offshore, or deep water. Brissie river and surrounds is full of them this time of year (plus the odd big tiger and whaler that also come in close) - woody point in Redcliffe is one , the kids regullary catch big whalers from the pier.

Big Shark fishing - ( best place fro the big ones - is near Green island if you have boat for the Brisbane region - GC is even better)

cheers

P.S please release them after you have caught one of these "babies" from manly, they are part of our oceans and chain of life within them
Old Jan 16th 2004, 5:19 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

The canals around Surfers Paradise are full of man eating sharks. All that expensive waterfrontage and no swimming anymore.

I have been in the lineup a couple of times when the shark alarm at Bondi went off. First time I had no idea what it was and thought it great because I was left to a fantastic wave to myself. I asked why everyone had gone in and something had been spotted.

Bondi has a shark net as well. Sydney harbour is full of the buggers. It will be fun in the Triathlon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.