Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shark Attack in Port Kennedy, WA this morning

Shark Attack in Port Kennedy, WA this morning

Old Dec 26th 2008, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

seat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to all
Default Shark Attack in Port Kennedy, WA this morning

http://www.thewest.com.au/aapstory.a...oryName=540064
Old Dec 26th 2008, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

smee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to all
Default Re: Shark Attack in Port Kennedy, WA this morning

I just came up from the beach, they are still looking for the victim,
Old Dec 26th 2008, 11:50 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

If he was swimming with his son, has anything been reported about his son, I am wondering if both of them have gone.

That is awful.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

smee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to all

His son swam to shore to raise the alarm, all the family are now down on the beach,
Old Dec 27th 2008, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

The Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to all

Oh god how awful
Old Dec 27th 2008, 12:05 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smee
His son swam to shore to raise the alarm, all the family are now down on the beach,
How tragic. I have been to that beach and cant even imagine anything so awful happening.

My thoughts are with his family.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Ditto. This is truly awful. Thoughts are with the family.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 3:55 am

Are there any updates as yet? I might call Gobbyjock as she is often on Port Kennedy beach with her little dog, she might have heard something.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Are there any updates as yet? I might call Gobbyjock as she is often on Port Kennedy beach with her little dog, she might have heard something.
Her hubby was there and ssaw a woman get taken away in an ambulance with shock.

The Age has now named the man as Brian Guest.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by sunbather
Her hubby was there and ssaw a woman get taken away in an ambulance with shock.

The Age has now named the man as Brian Guest.
Gobbyjocks hubby was there?

Oh my god.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Very very sad in the wrong place at the wrong time. We do get attacks here every year, usually South Australia has the most. Some say fish farms attract them. I just think they come around once the water gets warm.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 6:01 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

TEN are reporting it's possibly a great white!!!
Old Dec 27th 2008, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

The news here drives me mad. Man taken by 5m shark they say, then way later they go on to say the son didn't see him get taken....But a shark 5m had been sighted the day before.
He could have been taken by aliens or a giant squid in that case (well you never know). Just makes me angry when they always state things as facts all the time, without actually knowing.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

I think everyone needs to be careful, i went for a surf last weekend on the gold coast a shark past under my board about 3m long, i should of got out 10mins before when i noticed a lot of birds diving for fish, this was inside the shark nets about 50m from beach.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by calNgary
I think everyone needs to be careful, i went for a surf last weekend on the gold coast a shark past under my board about 3m long, i should of got out 10mins before when i noticed a lot of birds diving for fish, this was inside the shark nets about 50m from beach.

I am going to Rottnest next Saturday, I shall stick to the shallows, I wonder how close sharks come into the bay?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.